Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-06GR Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type Kai is a custom Zaku Type G Deen West has acquired through Black Market channels. It is based on the MS-06J Zaku II Ground Type that was built in limited numbers before the introduction of the MS-07B Gouf. What made this particular type of Zaku stand out from other models is the additional boosters that grant the machine improved mobility. Its improvement was so great that it was argued that the G-Type Zaku was one of the highest performing ground combat mobile suits deployed during the One Year War.
The armament of the Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type Kai was largely the same as that of the original Zaku II. It consisted of an improved version of the standard 120mm machine gun for ranged combat and a heat hawk for close combat. For defense, the Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type Kai has a shield mounted on its right shoulder. The Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type Kai is also able to integrate armaments as long it is compatible with the mobile suit, such the MS-06K Zaku Cannon's 2-tube rocket launcher and 180mm Cannon or a Gouf's heat rod.
- Shoulder Shield
- Shields are simple in their design, being essentially thick slabs of metal that the equipped mobile suit can use to absorb the impact from attacks that, for whatever reason, cannot be dodged. Mounted on the right shoulder is a shield used to protect the unit from enemy fire. However, unlike the standard shoulder shield, which folds onto the top of the shoulder, the High Mobility Ground Type's shield is angled off of it to help improve it's defense angle.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- The 120mm machine gun is a standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. It holds 100 rounds per drum with spare drums that can be stored on waist armor racks.
- Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk the heat sword is a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase it's cutting capacity. The Heat Sword was designed after a broadsword so its blade is longer than the tomahawk allowing for a greater range of attack.
- Heat Rod
- A close-range weapon installed in the right arm of the Zaku. This retractable cable delivers a high-voltage electrical shock when it comes into contact with an enemy mobile suit, damaging its internal systems and stunning its pilot. The heat rod could also be superheated to give it cutting properties.
- MMP-78 Machine Gun
- A new model machine gun with enhanced firepower to combat Federation Forces MS. Early and late type models of the MMP-78 Machine Gun exist, with differences in the location and mounting of the grip in the latter. "MMP" is an abbreviation for "Mobile Suit Machine Pistol". The MS-06G's machine gun features a barrel guard and a barrel jacket for improved performance in ground combat.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- The 280mm Zaku Bazooka was another standard weapon that could be equipped to a Zaku type mobile suit. The bazooka fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of Earth Federation mobile suits and battleships. Can be stored on the rear waist armor when not in use.
- 180mm Cannon
- Mounted over the Mobile Suit's shoulder, this cannon's overall power is equal to that of the original Guntank with a single shot being able to destroy a mobile suit.
- 2-tube Rocket Launcher
- Mounted on the back of the Mobile Suit's waist, as their name suggests, these weapons launch rocket-propelled explosives.