The MS-06JK Zaku Half Cannon is a variant mobile suit of the MS-06K Zaku Cannon. It was first featured in the MSV-R design series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
- 2-tube Rocket Launcher
- A 2-tube Rocket Launcher is mounted on the back of the Mobile Suit's left waist. As its name suggests, this weapon launches rocket-propelled explosives that is used against heavy armored targets.
- 120mm Gatling Gun
- The gatling gun is a medium-range weapon mounted on the Zaku for anti-air and anti-ground attacks.
- 180mm Cannon
- The main weapon of the Zaku Cannon mobile suit, this cannon's overall power is equal to that of the original Guntank with a single shot being able to destroy a mobile suit.
- Shoulder Shield
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. The Zaku Half Cannon mounts a shield on its right shoulder like the MS-06K Zaku Cannon.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- The 120mm machine gun is a standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- Mounted on the legs are two 3-tube missile pods. These missiles are quite effective against armored enemies. However, they were also slow and unsuited for combat against nimbler targets.
Special Equipment & Features
- 2-tube Smoke Discharger
- Likely intended to compensate for the Zaku Half Cannon's low mobility by releasing a cloud a smoke that would cover the area around the mobile suit to make it more difficult for enemies to target.