mobile suit of the MS-06K Zaku Cannon. It was first featured in the MSV-R design series.The MS-06K Zaku Cannon (Gatling Gun Equipment Type) is a variant
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Zaku Cannon (Gatling Gun Equipment Type) is a MS-06K Zaku Cannon unit that has been outfitted with a 120mm gatling gun, replacing the 180mm cannon.
- 120mm Gatling Gun
- The gatling gun is a medium-range weapon mounted on the Zaku for anti-air and anti-ground attacks.
- Shoulder Shield
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. The Zaku Cannon Gatling Type mounts a shield on its right shoulder.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- Mounted on the legs are two 3-tube missile pods. These missiles are quite effective against armored enemies. However, they were also slow and unsuited for combat against nimbler targets.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- The 120mm machine gun is a standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
Special Equipment & Features
- 2-tube Smoke Discharger
- Likely intended to compensate for the Zaku Cannon's low mobility by releasing a cloud a smoke that would cover the area around the mobile suit to make it more difficult for enemies to target.