Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-06R Zaku High Mobility Type (Reuse "P" Device) is a mobile suit operated by the Zeon army's Living Dead division. An experimental unit equipped with the “Reuse P (Psycho) Device”, it is a next generation operating system that has the potential to operate a mobile suit's limbs by communicating to the drive system of the mobile suit directly via thoughts. Even individuals with little piloting experience can master the controls in a short period due to this system. Although Ensign Darryl Lorenz is the pilot of the Psycho Zaku and his main mission is to snipe from ultra-long ranges, to pilot the unit, a high proficiency of control is necessary. It is believed that some training time is necessary, however it was pressed into combat so the training was cut extremely short thanks to the device. In order to draw out 100% of its abilities, the pilot must be quadruple amputee to fully interface with the mobile suit.
- ZMP-50D 120mm Machine Gun
- The 120mm machine gun is a standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. The ZMP-50D used a 100-round drum magazine. "ZMP" stands for "Zaku Machine Pistol". two of these weapons are stored under the lower propellant tank. while four spare drums are stored on the top propellant booster.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- The 280mm Zaku Bazooka was another standard weapon that could be equipped to a Zaku type mobile suit. The bazooka fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of Earth Federation mobile suits and battleships. The MS-06R Zaku II High Mobility Type (Reuse "P" Device) carries one bazooka handheld & 4 spare magazines hooked to the top propellant tank.
- H&L-GB05R/360mm Giant Bazooka
- A large bazooka originally designed for use by the Dom series of mobile suits. The 360mm bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round is powerful enough to blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit. three of these are stored under the top propellant booster.
- Sturm Faust
- An explosive weapon with a rocket propelled warhead, it was designed before the beginning of the One Year War as an anti-ship weapon. Useful both in space and under gravity, it was mainly deployed for anti-ship attacks during the early days of the war. The Sturm Faust likely made a good anti-mobile suit weapon during the latter days of the war, as Zeon mobile suits could be equipped with both a Sturm Faust and a more typical ranged weapon for greater versatility. As a non-guided weapon, it is difficult to hit targets with high mobility. carries three sturm fausts are stored on the lower propellant booster.
- Heat Hawk Type5
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands. the MS-06R Zaku II High Mobility Type (Reuse "P" Device) is armed with two such weapons.
- 3-Spike Shoulder Armor
- Used to protect the joint of the mobile suit, and can also used to ram into the enemy. Some pilots would customize their Zaku, to have two Spiked Shoulders, by having the right shoulder shield replaced.
- Shoulder Shield
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. The Zaku II mounts a shield on its right shoulder.
- Ex-T2-2 Beam Bazooka
- A weapon originally developed for the Rick Dom. The bazooka has its own internal reactor, rather than an E-cap, and is, essentially, a Musai deck gun scaled down for mobile suit use. Due to using a reactor rather than an E-cap, the bazooka is capable of a single sustained blast or several short bursts, requiring a lengthy recharge period of approximately 10 minutes before it can be used again.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Boosters
- An external tank used for propellant storage. This extra propellant greatly extends a mobile suit's operating range, and enables it to stay in combat longer. When the propellant is consumed, the tank can be discarded to reduce the mobile suit's weight. These tanks use a two-layered construction, with one layer containing propellant, and the other holding extra coolant. the MS-06R Zaku High Mobility Type (Reuse "P" Device) has two single rocket boosters that also serve as weapon storage racks and a single huge booster unit between the smaller ones that has four rocket thrusters.
- Specialised Backpack: similar to the backpacks used by the other living dead mobile suits. it consists of two fuel tanks & multiple thrusters that greatly enhance maneuverability. it
- sub-arms: like the MS-06 zaku-II two subarms arm mounted on the backpack. this is espciially handy for the reuse P type as it mounts a large arsenal of handheld weapons & spare magazines on its booster storage racks.
Notes & Trivia
- The coloration of the Psyco Zaku is strikingly similar to the MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type piloted by Johnny Ridden.