Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type is a redesigned MS-07B Gouf variant with emphasis on increased fire power, it does not suffer from range disadvantages like the Gouf Heavy Arms Type. It is equipped with a Gun Pack on the left arm, which contains a machine gun, rifle, flamethrower and rocket launcher. It is also armed with a back-mounted 120mm gatling gun. The legs feature additional thrusters to compensate for the increased weight of the additional weapons.
- Gun Pack
- The Gouf's left arm is equipped with a Gun Pack, which contains a machine gun, a medium-range rifle, a flamethrower, and a small rocket launcher attached all together as one weapon.
- Heat Rod
- Stored in the Gouf's right arm is a tentacle-like heat rod weapon. The heat rod could be superheated to give it cutting properties. If the heat rod is not used as a slicing weapon it can be used to grapple enemy units and is capable of delivering an electric shock upon contact.
- 120mm Gatling Gun
- The gatling gun is a medium-range weapon mounted on the Gouf for anti-air and anti-ground attacks.
- An optionally fixed armament of the Gouf was a shield attached to one of its arms, which stored its handheld melee weapon, the heat sword.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword has a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity. The heat sword however has a longer reach and hence a greater range of attack than the heat tomahawk.
Around thirty-eight MS-07G-2 Gouf units were manufactured and primarily used in force reconnaissance operations. It is known to have seen combat along with the MS-07G-1 Gouf Vijayanta in North America in November, U.C.0079.
Notes and Trivia