Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-07W Gouf Combined Test Type is a mobile suit variant of the MS-07B Gouf built at the Zeon controlled California Base to test out their own core block system. The Gouf uses a modified DFA-03 Dopp that plugs into the back as the cockpit and as a form of escape craft if the Gouf were to be destroyed. The Gouf Combined Test Type is in Garma Zabi's custom colors in his honor since he is the commander of the North American Zeon forces under the command of his brother Dozle Zabi, residing temporarily in California. The Gouf Combined Test Type main weapons are two shields, two heat swords, and two 5-barrel 75mm machine guns.
- 5-barrel 75mm Machine Gun
- Each of the Gouf Combined Test Type's hands are replaced by a 75mm machine gun. These guns have five barrels each, which are shaped to look like fingers. They fire physical rounds at a rapid rate and possess enough firepower to destroy lightly armored mobile suits with ease. However their effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited.
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. The Gouf Combined Test Type features two shields mounted on both arms, with each storing its melee weapon, the heat swords.
- Heat Sword
- For melee combat the Gouf Combined Test Type is equipped with two heat swords. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword has a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity. The heat sword however has a longer reach and hence a greater range of attack than the heat tomahawk.
- Giant Bazooka
- First fielded on the MS-06 Zaku II, he bazooka fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of Earth Federation mobile suits and battleships.
- 30mm 6-tube Missile Launcher
- The 30mm missiles is the only viable mean of anti-MS combat of the aircraft (as the 20mm rounds' penetration was close to none). 12 missiles are housed equally on two launchers located right next to the fighter's cockpit.
- 20mm Vulcan Gun
- The Dopp Fighter mounts two 20mm Vulcan Gun on the same modules as with the missile launchers. While it can hardly penetrate MS' armor, the weapon is still useful to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hit other light-armored, fast moving targets like helicopters.
Special Equipment & Features
- Core Block System
- Inspired by the core block system of the RX-78-2 Gundam, the California Base Mobile Suit Factory creates their own core block system. The California Base reconstructed a MS-07B Gouf and smaller version of a Dopp Fighter nicknamed "Little Dopp" to be suited for each other, in Garma Zabi custom colors. Just like the Gundam's core block system, the initial idea of the Little Dopp was as a form of escape if the Gouf were to be destroyed.
The MS-07W Gouf Combined Test Type was developed by the California Base Mobile Suit Factory. Inspired by the Gundam's core block system the California Base created their own by combining a Gouf with a Dopp Fighter. After the recapture of the California Base the Gouf Combined Test Type was under the possession of the Earth Federation Forces. The Gouf Combined Test Type would be exhibited along with Garma's custom MS-06FS Zaku II at the 10th One Year War Anniversary in New York.
Real World History
Some time ago Gundam Ace launched a "Grand Prix" asking readers to draw their own MSV-R mobile suit. The winner's drawing a MS-07B Gouf customized for Garma Zabi and provided of a core fighter-like DFA-03 Dopp inside its chest was then re-interpreted by Kunio Okawara, which made it into an official MSV-R mobile suit.