The MS-09F/Bn Dom Bein Nichts ("Bein Nichts" is German for "No Legs") is a mobile suit that appears in the SD Gundam series of video games.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-09F/Bn Dom Bein Nichts is a high mobility enhanced mobile suit, created in order to compete with the next-generation mobile suit MS-14A Gelgoog which replaced the Dom series. The Dom Bein Nichts' legs are removed and the lower body is replaced with high mobility thrusters. Its mobility in space is equal to that of a mobile armor. Its main weapons is the same as the MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen; a raketen bazooka, and a scattering beam gun in its chest, which is now a movable type. The Dom Bein Nichts can also be equipped with sturm fausts and other weapons attached to the various hardpoints on its skirt armor.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The scattering beam gun is a beam weapon mounted in the left side of the Dom's chest. As an offensive weapon the scattering beam gun is completely incapable of damaging an enemy machine. The likely reason is that the scattering beam gun has a very cheap and small focusing coil, even more so than the beam spray gun used by the RGM-79 GM, which causes the mega-particles of the beam to lose all cohesion. Though it cannot do any damage it does produce a bright light that is capable of momentarily blinding eyes and visual sensors.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
- 880mm RB-T27 Raketen Bazooka
- A new heavy bazooka that uses a five round magazine. Spare mags can be stored on a waste storage rack.
- An explosive weapon with a rocket propelled warhead, it was designed before the beginning of the One Year War as an anti-ship weapon. Useful both in space and under gravity, it was mainly deployed for anti-ship attacks during the early days of the war. The Sturm Faust likely made a good anti-mobile suit weapon during the latter days of the war, as Zeon mobile suits could be equipped with both a Sturm Faust and a more typical ranged weapon for greater versatility. As a non-guided weapon, it is difficult to hit targets with high mobility. Can be stored on waist armor storage racks.
This machine is intended to operate as a team with the melee combat-specialized MS-09F/Gb Dom Gross Beil, but the war ends just as the design is on the verge of completion, and therefore its development is halted before it can reach the prototype stage.