MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen
|Developed from||MS-09F Dom Funf|
|First Seen||0079 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0096 U.C.|
|Operator||Principality of Zeon|
|Head Height||18.5 meters60.696 ft |
|Max Weight||79.0 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||44.8 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||1199 kW1,607.885 hp|
|Sensor Range||6300 meters20,669.291 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso|
|Armor||Super-hard Steel Alloy|
|Max Acceleration||0.74 G|
|Max Speed||360 km/h223.694 mph|
|180° Turning Time||2.1 s2,100 ms|
|Rocket Thrusters||2 x 22000 kg48,501.684 lb |
The MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen is a mass-production ground combat mobile suit, it is first featured in the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, the design was later updated and featured in the photo-novel Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The unit is piloted by Gaily and Adamsky.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An advancement on the YMS-09D Dom Tropical Test Type, the Zeon military introduced the MS-09F/trop late in the One Year War, designed to operate exclusively in localized desert and tropical regions on Earth.
In addition to additional sand filters to protect its equipment, specialized block-shaped armor designed to help keep sand from getting inside, and powerful cooling systems to overcome the desert heat, the Dom Tropen also featured special sand filtering intakes for its leg-mounted thermonuclear jet engines, allowing the mobile suit to retain its high ground hovering speeds without fear of sand ruining the engines.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The scattering beam gun is a beam weapon mounted in the left side of the Dom's chest. As an offensive weapon the scattering beam gun is completely incapable of damaging an enemy machine. The likely reason is that the scattering beam gun has a very cheap and small focusing coil, even more so than the beam spray gun used by the RGM-79 GM, which causes the mega-particles of the beam to lose all cohesion. Though it cannot do any damage it does produce a bright light that is capable of momentarily blinding eyes and visual sensors.
- Heat Saber
- The Dom Funf features a heat saber as its standard close combat weapon. The heat saber is battery powered and stored on a back recharge rack. It is unknown what model heat saber the Dom Funf uses however it is undoubtedly at least a Type7 like the Rick Dom II uses, if not a newer model.
- MMP-80 90mm Machine Gun
- As part of the United Maintenance Plan new weapons were produced that could be used by numerous mobile suits such as the MMP-80 90mm machine gun. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per mag with extra magazines stored on the waist armor.
- 880mm Raketen Bazooka
- A new heavy bazooka that uses a five round magazine. Spare mags can be stored on a waste storage rack.
- 280mm Zaku Bazooka
- A bazooka originally designed for use by the Zaku line of mobile suit. The bazooka is cartridge-fed with four rounds per cartridge.
- Strum Faust
- An explosive weapon with a rocket propelled warhead. Can be stored on waist armor storage racks.
Special Equipment & Features
- Sand Filters
- Because the Dom Tropen can be used in desert environments, it required special sand filters to make sure its systems remain operational.
- Cooling Systems
Not many Dom Funfs were produced before the end of the One Year War. Thus not many could be modified into the Dom Tropen. However at least seven units were produced. Two of them would participate in the theft of the RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis" from the Earth Federation Forces in October of UC 0083. And another four units aided in the defense of Zeon's underground Kinbareid Base in eastern Africa.
In UC 0096, at least one more of these suits was used by Zeon remnants to attack the Federation's Torrington Base in combination with a MS-09G Dwadge and a MS-06D Desert Zaku. Its group would later be destroyed by the regrouping Federation Forces during the Federation counterattack.
- The name "tropen" is German for "tropical".
- In SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online the Dom Tropen has two variations - a standard colored one and the Kimbareid Fleet colors, known as "Desert Colors". Both versions use the Heat Rod and the Strum Faust, but the standard Dom Tropen uses the machine gun and the "Desert Colors" uses the Raketen Bazooka.