The MS-09F Dom Funf is a refined version of the MS-09B Dom. As part of the Zeon's United Maintenance Plan, Dom Funf ground combat performance surpasses the already powerful Dom, and it is the only Dom variant that can be reconfigured for different environments without major rebuilding the original design. The unit was named after five iteration of previous models (hence the "fünf"- German for five).
Technology and Combat Characteristics
If the Dom Funf had to be reconfigured for a new environment, it would only take a few hours. Its new armaments includes 880mm raketen bazooka, 90mm assault rifle, 90mm machine gun, and forearm-mounted 3-tube missile launcher.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- A chest mounted scattering beam gun. Does little damage to enemy mobile suits but can be used to blind enemy pilots for several seconds.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- As part of the United Maintenance Plan new weapons were produced that could be used by numerous mobile suits such as the MMP-80 90mm machine gun. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per magazine.
- 880mmRB-T27 Raketen Bazooka
- A new heavy bazooka which features powerful rocket-propelled rounds, and improved targeting sensor with protective cover for aiming. The bazooka is clip-fed and can hold 5 rounds per clip. Spare clips can be stored on optional storage racks.
- H&L-GB03K/360mm Giant Bazooka
- The Giant bazooka is the same model used by the MS-09B Dom. The bazooka is magazine-fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine. A single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- 90mm Assault Rifle
- A new assault rifle likely developed under the United Maintenance Plan as a weapon that can be used by various Zeon mobile suits in various environments.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- An optional 3-tube missile launcher can be attached to the left forearm of Dom Funf. It is similar to the model used by the MS-06D Zaku Desert Type and MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon.
As Dom funf was developed late in the One Year War, very few units were made and dispatched for combats. One unit was assigned to 2nd. Lt. Sophie Fran of the Midnight Fenrir Corps who used it during the final days of the war on Earth. Its versatility, however, served as a basis for subsequently developed models including MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen and MS-09F/Br Dom Barrage.