Technology and Combat Characteristics
As part of the Zeon's United Maintenance Plan, the Dom Funf ground combat performance surpasses the already powerful Dom, and it is the only Dom variant that can be reconfigured for different environments without major modifications from the original design. The unit was named after five iterations of the previous models (hence the "fünf" which is German for five).
Reconfiguration of the Dom Funf for different environments only takes a few hours. New armaments include a 880mm Raketen Bazooka, a 120mm Assault Rifle, a 90mm machine gun, and forearm-mounted 3-tube missile launchers.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- A chest mounted scattering beam gun. Does little damage to enemy mobile suits but can be used to blind enemy pilots for several seconds.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon uses thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- As part of the United Maintenance Plan new weapons were produced that could be used by numerous mobile suits such as the MMP-80 90mm machine gun. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per magazine.
- 880mmRB-T27 Raketen Bazooka
- A new heavy bazooka which features powerful rocket-propelled rounds, and improved targeting sensor with protective cover for aiming. The bazooka is clip-fed and can hold 5 rounds per clip. Spare clips can be stored on optional storage racks.
- H&L-GB03K/360mm Giant Bazooka
- The Giant bazooka is the same model used by the MS-09B Dom. The bazooka is magazine-fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine. A single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- 120mm Assault Rifle
- A new assault rifle likely developed under the United Maintenance Plan as a weapon that can be used by various Zeon mobile suits in various environments. The 120mm assault rifle features a design which is similar to MMP-78 Machine Gun used by MS-06F2 Zaku II F2 Type.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- An optional 3-tube missile launcher can be attached to the left forearm of Dom Funf. It is similar to the model used by the MS-06D Zaku Desert Type and MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon.
As the Dom Funf was developed late in the One Year War, very few units were made and dispatched for combat. One unit was assigned to 2nd Lt. Sophie Fran of the Midnight Fenrir Corp who used it during the final days of the war on Earth. Its versatility served as the basis for subsequently developed Dom models including the MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen and MS-09F/Br Dom Barrage.
Notes and Trivia