|Developed from||MS-09 Dom|
|First Seen||0079 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0096 U.C.|
|Manufacturer||Principality of Zeon|
|Operator||Principality of Zeon|
|Known Pilots||Amatha Pola|
|Overall Height||19.3 meters63.32 ft |
|Head Height||18.2 meters59.711 ft |
|Max Weight||81.7 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||43.5 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||1440 kW1,931.072 hp|
|Sensor Range||8800 meters28,871.391 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Max Acceleration||1.28 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||5 x 9300 kg20,502.985 lb |
The MS-09G Dwadge (often misspelled as "Dowadge") is a mass-production ground combat mobile suit, it is featured in the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, the design was later updated and featured in the light novel Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The unit is piloted by Amatha Pola and Gadeb Jasin.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Another variant of the MS-09 Dom, its relationship with the MS-10 Pezun Dowadge is uncertain. It is the final production model of the Dom series of mobile suits. It featured head mounted vulcan guns and external propellant tanks, extending its hover ability. In addition, the rear thermonuclear jet propulsion unit features dust filters and is equipped with a back-mounted antenna to increase communication capabilities. The most notable of these Dwadge is the MS-09H Dwadge Custom. The Dwadge Custom has additional shoulder thrusters and may also be armed with large beam cannon. The Dwadge was seen used by various parties in UC 0088. In addition to the heat saber used by most Doms models, the Dwadge used a heat tomahawk. The Dwadge also used a slightly larger (380mm) version of the giant bazooka which uses shaped charge ammunition.
- 30mm Vulcan Gun
- The Dwadge has a total of four 60mm Vulcan guns mounted into its head. These projectile weapons are designed for intercepting missiles and destroying lightly armored vehicles.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The scattering beam gun is a beam weapon mounted in the left side of the Dwadge's chest. As an offensive weapon the scattering beam gun is completely incapable of damaging an enemy machine. The likely reason is that the scattering beam gun has a very cheap and small focusing coil, even more so than the beam spray gun used by the RGM-79 GM, which causes the mega-particles of the beam to lose all cohesion. Though it cannot do any damage it does produce a bright light that is capable of momentarily blinding eyes and visual sensors.
- 380mm Giant Bazooka
- A standard weapon of the Dwadge is a large bazooka. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit. The barrel is fitted with a thermal covering in order to reduce distortion due to heat.
- Smoke Discharger
- Heat Tomahawk
- A large, double-bladed heat weapon exclusive to the Dwadge. Being much sturdier in design compared to the heat saber, it is able to better withstand the high powered impacts of melee combat.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tank
- Due to the high fuel consumption of constantly hovering, additional propellant tanks were added to the exterior of the mobile suit to extend its operating time.
In UC 0096, at least one of these suits were used by Zeon remnants to attack the Federation's Torrington Base in combination with a MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen and a MS-06D Desert Zaku. Its group would later be destroyed by the regrouping Federation Forces during the Federation counterattack.