Technology & Combat Characteristics
Once a standard MS-09G Dwadge ground combat mobile suit that was used during the Universal Century Era's One Year War, it was heavily modified by its owner, Desert Rommel, leader of Zeon Remnants "The Rommel Corps" still operating on Earth in Africa. Rommel's Dowadge is steadily upgraded over the years following the war's end, and by U.C. 0088, it is redesignated the MS-09H Dwadge Custom, and it was a more formidable machine than the regular Dwadge. The Dwadge Custom incorporated prominent modifications such as four large boosters fitted on its shoulders, an upgraded Mono-Eye type head with improved sensors, and the addition of extra armor around its torso for increased pilot survivability. It was also equipped with a powerful hand-carried beam cannon which was stolen from the Earth Federation Forces.
- 30mm Vulcan Gun
- The Dwadge Custom has a pair of Vulcan guns mounted into its head. These projectile weapons are designed for intercepting missiles and destroying lightly armored vehicles, but are ineffective against the heavier armor of a mobile suit.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, the Heat Saber bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The scattering beam gun is a beam weapon mounted in the left side of the Dwadge's chest. As an offensive weapon the scattering beam gun is completely incapable of damaging an enemy machine. The likely reason is that the scattering beam gun has a very cheap and small focusing coil, even more so than the beam spray gun used by the RGM-79 GM, which causes the mega-particles of the beam to lose all cohesion. Though it cannot do any damage it does produce a bright light that is capable of momentarily blinding eyes and visual sensors.
- Beam Cannon
- A high-output handheld beam weapon, this weapon was stolen from the Federation and is powered by rechargeable energy cap.
- Heat Tomahawk
- A large, double-bladed heat weapon exclusive to the Dwadge. Being much sturdier in design compared to the heat saber, it is able to better withstand the high powered impacts of melee combat.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tank
- An external tank used for propellant storage. This extra propellant greatly extends a mobile suit's operating range, and enables it to stay in combat longer. When the propellant is consumed, the tank can be discarded to reduce the mobile suit's weight. This tank uses a two-layered construction, with one layer containing propellant, and the other holding extra coolant.
Despite the aformentioned upgrades, the Dwadge Custom was still considered an obsolete machine when compared to the advanced mobile suits fielded by AEUG in U.C. 0088. It was subsequently destroyed in battle against the Gundam Team when it was defeated by the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam's Beam Saber.