The MS-09S Dowas is a mobile suit featured in Fukuchi Mobile Station.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-09S Dowas is the final production model of the MS-09R Rick Dom. The MS-09S Dowas was developed via the MS-09R-2 Rick Dom Zwei in order to improve the features of the Rick Dom in a way that is aimed at high mobility combat.
- Vulcan Gun
- An uncommon feature on Zeon MS, the Dowas has 2 vulcans in the head similar to Federation Mobile Suits. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The breast-mounted beam gun of the Dowas may look similar to the one used by the Dom series, but instead it is now a true beam weapon that can be used from mid to close range.
- Beam Bazooka
- An handheld high output beam weapon. The bazooka has its own internal reactor, rather than an E-cap, and is, essentially, a Musai deck gun scaled down for mobile suit use.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Ejectable Propellant Tank
- An external tank used for propellant storage. This extra propellant greatly extends a mobile suit's operating range, and enables it to stay in combat longer. When the propellant is consumed, the tank can be discarded to reduce the mobile suit's weight. These tanks use a two-layered construction, with one layer containing propellant, and the other holding extra coolant.
Only a few units were produced and most saw the war come to an end without ever appearing on the battlefield. The Dowas would be transported to the asteroid Axis by Zeon remnants who fled to the asteroid belt at the end of the One Year War. There, it was subjected to further mobility and generator output upgrades as well as improvements to the armor through the use of the newly developed Gundarium alloy. These improvements eventually evolved one unit into the MS-09SS Dowas Custom.
|Fukushi Station Mechanics|
GFX-1 | RGM-79 GM Scout | RGM-79S GM Spartan | RX-80
RMB-79 Frog Ball
Hybrid Combat Heli
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06R-2S Zaku Late Production Type Dozle Zabi Custom | MS-07F Gouf Hunter | MS-09F Dowas Desert | MS-09S Dowas | MS-17B Galbaldy α | MSM-03 Gogg Kai | MSM-04G Juaggu Kai | MSM-07F Z'Gok Crab
| Mobile Armour|
MAM-07 Grublo Unit 4
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|