Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based upon Zeon's tried-and-true MS-09B Dom series, the Pezun Dowadge was one of the last mobile suits in Dom family to be made during the One Year War. Produced at the asteroid base Pezun, the Dowadge featured improved close-range combat abilities. The armor is slighly slimmer to improve its agility, and there are spikes on forearm armors. While the Dom featured a weak beam cannon on its chest, only suitable for temporarily disabling enemy sensors, the Pezun Dowadge upgraded the weapon into a true beam cannon. Its other weapons include a remodelled giant bazooka, a heat saber, and an eight-barreled 420mm rocket launcher. However, the end of the One-Year War came swiftly, and it is uncertain if the Pezun Dowadge actually saw combat. The relationship between the Pezun Dowadge and the MS-09G Dwadge from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ remains uncertain.
- Breast Beam Cannon
- The breast-mounted beam cannon of the Pezun Dowadge may look similar to the one used by the MS-09B Dom, but instead it is now a true beam cannon that can be used from mid to close range.
- 8-barrel 420mm Rocket Launcher
- Giant Bazooka
- The primary weapon of the Pezun Dowadge is a large bazooka. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per mag, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- Ex-T2-2 Beam Bazooka
- A weapon originally developed for the Rick Dom. The bazooka has its own internal reactor, rather than an E-cap, and is, essentially, a Musai deck gun scaled down for mobile suit use. Due to using a reactor rather than an E-cap, the bazooka is capable of a single sustained blast or several short bursts, requiring a lengthy recharge period of approximately 10 minutes before it can be used again.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the back of the waist when not in use, this weapon bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
Unlike its MS-X fellows, the Pezun Dowadge did not appear in the original 52-episode plan for Mobile Suit Gundam; in fact, "Dowadge" was an early production name for the MS-09R Rick Dom. Although the machine was renamed, Tomino (who has a fondness for odd names) kept the Dowadge name around, eventually creating the Pezun Dowadge.
The Dowadge was eventually made into an action figure as part of Hajime Katoki's Zeonography series. The figure could be converted into the Rick Dom, and came in either its standard purple colors, or Char Aznable's familiar red.
FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam | RGM-79L GM Light Armor | RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type | RX-77-4 Guncannon II | RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" | TGM-79 GM Trainer
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Corvette Booster | Guncarry | Lightliner
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type | MS-10 Pezun Dowadge | MS-11 Action Zaku | MS-12 Gigan | MS-13 Gasshia | MS-17 Galbaldy α
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|