The MS-14BR Gelgoog High Mobility R type (aka Gelgoog High Mobility Type (Chimera Corps A Baoa Qu Battle Type), Gelgoog R ) is a variant of the MS-14B Gelgoog High Mobility Type. It first appeared as a part of the MSV-R line, and later featured in Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link video game.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-14BR Gelgoog High Mobility R type was a Gelgoog High Mobility Type with improved speed and mobility. This was achieved through the installation of large thruster units in the legs, resulting in the removal of armor around the suit's calves. Due to its resemblance to the MS-06R series, it was informally known as the "Gelgoog R". It can be armed with a twin beam sword, a beam rifle, and a giant bazooka among other weapons. Although the beam rifle looks like it is attached to the backpack, this is actually just a storage rack.
- Twin Beam Sword
- The twin beam sword, also called the Beam Naginata, is the Gelgoog's close-range weapon. The beam sword operates by generating a beam of plasma contained and shaped by an I-field. Because of the heat of the plasma, the beam sword can cut through any alloy. The Gelgoog's twin beam sword has a longer than average handle, about the length of two beam saber hilts, and has an emitter at both ends, allowing a single weapon to create two beam blades. When not in use, it is stored in a back mounted recharge rack.
- The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The Gelgoog carries a unique arm mounted shield styled after the shields used by the African Zulu tribe.
- Beam Rifle
- The Gelgoog series is the first series of mass produced Principality of Zeon mobile suit to be equipped with a beam rifle. The technology of the rifle allows the weapon to fire compressed mega particles in the form of a beam which has the power to penetrate all but the specially treated materials. The MS-14BR's beam rifle features a cooling jacket and grenade launcher for improved performance.
- Grenade Launcher
- The beam rifle is fitted with an underslung grenade launcher. These grenades weren't very effective against large ships, but were ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- An optional 3-tube missile launcher that can be attached to the forearm of the Gelgoog instead of the usual jet engines.
- Missile Launcher
- A weapon created from the demands of Zeon ace pilots to be equipped with a simple, easy-to-use projectile firing weapon on their mobile suits. The 4-tube missile launcher can be easily assembled inside Chimera Corp's warship and ready for deployment in a short period of time.
Two MS-14BR Gelgoog High Mobility R Type were remodeled in Zimmad's factories, and delivered to the elite Chimera Corps along with spare parts that were used to upgrade additional units. Maj. David Chaseman and 1st Lt. Emme Diplom of Chimera Corps used the suit during the Battle of A Baoa Qu at the end of the war. Another unit was piloted by Vincent Gleissner of Zeon's Marchosias MS regiment, who also used his unit in the battle of A Baoa Qu.