Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-14C-1A Gelgoog Cannon was essentially a Gelgoog High Mobility Type equipped with more powerful thruster packs, greatly increasing its speed and mobility. It also has conformal tanks on its legs to extend its operating time. A high mobility backpack similar to that of the B type was prepared as optional equipment, and it can switch between this backpack and a standard cannon pack depending on the mission. The Gelgoog Cannon was equipped with a twin beam sword, a beam rifle, and a bazooka. The existing images show it with the high mobility backpack; the giant bazooka is just sitting in a storage rack, not built into the backpack.
- Twin Beam Sword
- The same close-range melee weapon as used by the original Gelgoog, it is also known as a beam naginata. The beam sword operates by generating a beam of plasma contained and shaped by an I-field. Because of the heat of the plasma, the beam sword can cut through any material not treated with anti-beam coating. The twin beam sword's handle is about the length of two beam saber hilts, and has an emitter at both ends, allowing a single weapon to create two beam blades. When not in use, it is stored on the rear waist armor.
- RA-2 Beam Cannon
- A backpack mounted beam cannon that is positioned over the right shoulder, it is powered by the suit's generator and used for long range attacks.
- Beam Rifle
- The Gelgoog series is the first series of mass produced Principality of Zeon mobile suit to be equipped with a beam rifle. The technology of the rifle allows the weapon to fire compressed mega particles in the form of a beam which has the power to penetrate all but the specially treated materials.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit. It can be mounted on the unit's backpack and fired directly.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- An optional 3-tube missile launcher that can be attached to the forearm of the Gelgoog instead of the usual jet engines.
- Long-range Beam Rifle
- A beam rifle specialized for sniping. Sensors built into the rifle provide interface between the weapon and the Gelgoog's camera sensor.
- Buckler Shield
- A small optional shield that can be attached to the forearm of the Gelgoog instead of the usual jet engines.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament for many mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Shields are also treated with an anti-beam coating to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
Special Equipment & Features
- Three-kind Scope
In 0079 U.C, the Gelgoog Cannon was assigned to the elite Chimera Corps and participated in the Battle of A Baoa Qu at the end of the war. The stripes on its left side are for recognition purposes, and apparently there are also B types with matching patterns. One particular unit is piloted by Jacobius Node who preferred long-range weaponry in order to eliminate his enemies.