MS-14C-1A Gelgoog Cannon (ゲルググキャノン, Gerugugukyanon) is a mass-production assault mobile suit and variant of the original MS-14A Gelgoog. It first appeared as a part of the original design series MSV-R: The Return of Johnny Ridden and the unit is piloted by Jacobius Node.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-14C-1A Gelgoog Cannon was essentially a Gelgoog High Mobility Type equipped with more powerful thruster packs, greatly increasing its speed and mobility. The Gelgoog Cannon was equipped with a twin-bladed beam sword, a high-output beam rifle, and a bazooka.
Has conformal tanks on its legs to extend its operating time. A high mobility backpack similar to that of the B type was prepared as optional equipment, and it can switch between this backpack and a standard cannon pack depending on the mission. The existing images show it with the high mobility backpack; the giant bazooka is just sitting in a storage rack, not built into the backpack.
- Twin Beam Sword
- The twin beam sword is the Gelgoog's weapon in close-range melee combat. The beam sword operates by generating a beam of plasma contained and shaped by an I-field. Because of the heat of the plasma the beam sword can cut through any alloy. The Gelgoog's twin beam sword is unique in that it has a longer than average handle, about the length of two beam saber hilts, and has an emitter at both ends, allowing a single weapon to create two beam blades. When not in use it is stored in a back mounted recharge rack.
- RA-2 Beam Cannon
- A backpack installed beam cannon that is used over the right shoulder; even though it has a directed connection to the Gelgoog's generator, it doesn't hamper it's ability to handle its other beam weaponry.
- Beam Rifle
- The Gelgoog series is the first series of mass produced Principality of Zeon mobile suit to be equipped with a beam rifle. The technology of the rifle allows the weapon to fire compressed mega particles in the form of a beam which has the power to penetrate all but the specially treated materials.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit. It can be installed to the backpack in place of the beam cannon.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- An optional 3-tube missile launcher that can be attached to the forearm of the Gelgoog instead of the usual jet engines.
- Long-range Beam Rifle
- A beam rifle specialized for sniping. Sensors built into the rifle provide interface between the weapon and the Gelgoog's camera sensor.
- Buckler Shield
- A small optional shield that can be attached to the forearm of the Gelgoog instead of the usual jet engines. It is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
Special Equipment & Features
- Three-kind Scope
In 0079 U.C, the Gelgoog Cannon was assigned to the elite Chimera Corps and participated in the Battle of A Baoa Qu at the end of the war. The stripes on its left side are for recognition purposes, and apparently there are also B types with matching patterns. One particular unit is piloted by Jacobius Node who preferred long-range weaponry in order to eliminate his enemies.