The Gelgoog Marine Commander Type is a commander-type model of the MS-14F Gelgoog Marine. It is first appeared in Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and reappears in the video game Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters In Space along with its Standard Colors variant.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A commander's version of the Gelgoog Marine. The MS-14Fs sports a commander's antenna, a pair of head-mounted vulcan guns, a custom beam rifle, additional vernier thrusters and external propellant tanks, and modified chest armors. The Gelgoog Fs type is similar to the later Jäger version in both appearance and performance.
- 40mm Vulcan Gun
- An uncommon feature on Zeon MS, the Gelgoog Marine Commander Type has 2 vulcans in the head similar to Federation Mobile Suits. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- 110mm Machine Cannon
- Mounted in the forearms are a pair of 110mm machine cannons, one cannon per arm. These projectile firing weapons are highly effective against most mobile suit armor at close range.
- Beam Saber
- Unlike most Gelgoogs made during the One Year War the Gelgoog Marine Commander Type is equipped with two beam sabers (instead of the twin beam sword) for close-combat uses. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- MNG-110 Beam Rifle
- A large beam rifle specially designed for long range attack, the MNG-110 features a powerful, re-loadable cooling system which enables it to emit rapid-fire beam bursts.
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tanks
- An external tank used for propellant storage. This extra propellant greatly extends a mobile suit's operating range, and enables it to stay in combat longer. When the propellant is consumed, the tank can be discarded to reduce the mobile suit's weight. These tanks use a two-layered construction, with one layer containing propellant, and the other holding extra coolant.
- Camouflage Color Scheme
- First seen on Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Mayfly of Space 2 picture drama, this is special MS coloring scheme featured on Zeon's Marine Amphibious Unit (M.A.U.) Gelgoog Marines commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Cima Garahau as her unit retreated from A Baoa Qu at the close of One Year War. The camouflage scheme features numerous small dots to protect the mobile suits from tracking and monitoring by Federation forces.
Only a handful of Gelgoog Marine Commander Type units were produced, with at least one being assigned to the Cima Garahau's Fleet. One unit was kept and used by Garahau during Operation Stardust in U.C. 0083 before she switched to AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra.
Gunpla and Action Figure
Notes & Trivia
- The unit depicted is in Cima Garahau's personal colors. The standard colors unit can be seen in the game Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space and Gihren's Greed. It has the same colors as the standard Gelgoog Marine.