Technology & Combat Characteristics
A Gelgoog modified for combat on Earth. Unlike the original prototype it is equipped with a backpack for use under Earth's gravity. It has also undergone modifications such as dustproofing on its joints, the removal of the spare generators on its arms, and the installation of a grenade launcher and gatling as internal weapons. It is also referred to as the "G Type" and features the same handheld armaments as the standard production model Gelgoog. One customized unit was operated by Visch Donahue, it was painted in a green color scheme and had it's backpack removed therefore having it's exterior resemble the pre-production type Gelgoog.
- Twin Beam Sword
- The twin beam sword, also known as a beam naginata, is the Gelgoog Ground Type's weapon in close-range melee combat. The beam sword operates by generating a beam of plasma contained and shaped by an I-field. Because of the heat of the plasma the beam sword can cut through any alloy. The Gelgoog's twin beam sword is unique in that it has a longer than average handle, about the length of two beam saber hilts, and has an emitter at both ends, allowing a single weapon to create two beam blades. This allows the pilot the advantage of incorporating different techniques into their fighting style than they would normally be capable of. When not in use it is stored in a back mounted recharge rack.
- Arm Gatling Gun
- Mounted on the right forearm, is a gatling gun. It fires physical rounds at a rapid rate and possesses enough firepower to destroy lightly armored mobile suits with ease. However its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited.
- Grenade Launcher
- Mounted on the left forearm, is a grenade launcher. These grenades are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The Gelgoog carries a unique arm mounted shield styled after the shields used by the African Zulu tribe. When not in use the large shield can be mounted on the back to free up the arms.
- Small Shield
- A shield that is notably smaller though thicker, which allows for greater arm movement. This shield is typically mounted on the left forearm atop the grenade launcher.
- Beam Rifle
- The Gelgoog series is the first series of mass produced Principality of Zeon mobile suit to be equipped with a beam rifle. The technology of the rifle allows the weapon to fire compressed mega particles in the form of a beam which has the power to penetrate all but the specially treated materials.
- Sniper Beam Rifle
- A different model of the standard beam rifle used by the Gelgoog, has a longer shooting range and packs a heavier punch than the standard production beam rifle.
One unit belonged to the Zeon Foreign Legion's Ken Bederstadt, it was delivered to him by a H.L.V. near the end of the One Year War, and his usage of this machine earned him the nickname the "pitiless war god". Another customized unit was operated by Visch Donahue, he and his machine would battle the White Dingo Team, but would be defeated.
Notes and Trivia
|Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories Series Original Mechanics|
RGM-79BD-0 Blue Destiny Unit 0 | RGM-79DO GM Dominance | RGM-79DO［AQ］ GM Dominance (Underwater Equipment) | RGM-79FD Armored GM | RX-78XX Gundam Pixy | RX-79［G］ SW Slave Wraith | RX-79［G］WR Full Armor Slave Wraith | RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1 | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | RX-80PR-2 Pale Rider Cavalry | RX-80PR-3 Pale Rider Dullahan
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
SCV-73 Blanc Rival | SCVA-72 Thoroughbred
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-05S Zaku I Commander Type | MS-05B Zaku I Land Warfare Type | MS-08TX Efreet | MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom | MS-09F Dom Funf | MS-14G Gelgoog Ground Type | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | YMS-06Z Psycommu Early Test Type Zaku
| Mobile Armour|
| Mobile Suit|