|Developed from||MS-14A Gelgoog|
|First Seen||0088 U.C.|
|Known Pilots||Illia Pazom|
|Overall Height||23.1 meters75.787 ft |
|Max Weight||82.6 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||43.7 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||1890 kW2,534.532 hp|
|Sensor Range||8700 meters28,543.307 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Armor||Titanium Alloy Composite|
|Max Acceleration||1.83 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||2 x 28300 kg62,390.803 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Seen during the First Neo Zeon War, the MS-14J ReGelgu is the old MS-14A Gelgoog upgraded by Axis with new technology. The name ReGelgu stands for REfined GELGoog. It has large shoulder binders which contain thrusters and verniers to boost its mobility. It also has a pair of external propellant tanks on the backpack. This backpack is also equipped with a missile pod. Other weapons include a grenade launcher, beam rifle and beam saber.
- 8-Tube Missile Pod
- The backpack of the MS-14J ReGelgu mounts a single 8-tube missile pod. The standard load of the missile pod is eight AMS-11S small missiles.
- AMS-11S Small Missile
- The AMS-11S small missile type is the standard load for smaller sized missile pods used by the forces of Neo Zeon during the First Neo Zeon War.
- Grenade Launcher
- The MS-14J ReGelgu is equipped with a pair of grenade launcher mounted in the mobile suit's forearms. Both grenade launchers are single tube and can only fire one rocket-propelled grenade each.
- Beam Saber
- The MS-14J ReGelgu replaces the beam naginata of the MS-14A Gelgoog with a pair of more standard beam sabers that are stored in backpack mounted recharge racks.
- Beam Rifle
- The MS-14J ReGelgu is equipped with a single beam rifle, power rated at 2.18 MW, as an optional hand operated ranged weapon. The beam rifle can be fitted with grenade launcher equipment.
- Grenade Launcher
- The beam rifle of the ReGelgu mounts grenade launcher equipment that allows it to fire one rocket-propelled grenade.
Special Equipment & Features
- External propellant tanks
When military forces of the Principality of Zeon retreated to Axis. The Zeon remnants at Axis were unprepared to simply quit on the revolution started by the Zabi family and began preparing for renewing the conflict. Knowing that the Earth Federation would continue their development of mobile suit technology the researchers of Axis used their existing mobile suit force and limited resources to develop more advanced versions of what they already had available. One of the most advanced mobile suit available was the MS-14A Gelgoog, the pinnacle of Zeon's mobile suit technology at the end of the One Year War. The Gelgoogs were upgraded into the MS-14J ReGelgu(short for "REfined GELGoog"), a more powerful and faster mobile suit that served as part of Axis's main mobile suit force for years until the AMX-003 Gaza-C was ready for mass production.
During the First Neo Zeon War Axis Zeon fielded many advanced mobile suits, but their resources were limited compared to the Earth Federation and needed to field every mobile suit available, even older machines. Still the ReGelgu was fairly good, with performance equaling and perhaps even surpassing the Earth Federation's RGM-86R GM III. One unit was piloted by Neo Zeon Ace Illia Pazom.