The MS-14U Gelgoog (Outer Space Type) is a mobile suit from the Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Deleted Affair: Portrait Of Young Comet manga series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-14U Gelgoog Outer Space Type is a heavily modified version of the original MS-14S Gelgoog Commander Type, specifically designed for use in deep space. Thanks to a complete redesign of the main body, it features an improved power plant, thrust, and maneuverability to suit the skills of its pilot, Char Aznable. Its overall shape has been altered, most notably the shape of the head and torso as well as the much slimmer design of its legs. It is possible that these modifications to the body made the unit lighter while reducing its target silhouette. The Gelgoog Outer Space Type proved itself several times against federation forces, destroying two high performance RGM-79GS GM Command Space Types and sinking a Magellan-class battleship during its first combat. The unit appears to perform better than its predecessor and most certainly outstrips the MS-06F2 Zaku II F2 Type, as Andy reports positively on its performance after becoming its primary pilot. It is also seen earlier besting an MS-09R-2 Rick Dom II and two Zaku F2's at the same time during mock combat, but this may be more due to Char's skill than the machine's performance. The MS-14U is known to be able to wield most if not all of its predecessor's armaments, and is seen at least using the beam naginata, zulu-style shield and beam rifle. It is also seen using a 360mm Giant Bazooka borrowed from a Rick Dom II. For long ranged combat, the MS-14U could also be equipped with a Prototype Large Beam Rifle that had been developed at Axis. This long weapon had a built in generator and an accurate range 1.8 times greater than the standard Gelgoog beam rifle, but it could only be fired 5 times before becoming useless. The problem with the original Gelgoog not having sufficient fixed armaments was resolved somewhat by the addition of a single vulcan gun on the left side of the head, a 110mm machine cannon in the right wrist, and a hidden beam saber located in the left wrist. The 110mm machine cannon has been added by replacing the arm with that of an MS-14F Gelgoog Marine. It is possible that the vulcan gun and beam saber were borrowed from a fallen RGM-79 GM as they share a resemblance.
- Vulcan Gun
- This head mounted shell firing weapon has a high-rate of fire but has little power and is generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. This weapon is ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The MS-14U is equipped with a single beam saber, that when not in use is stored in a recharge rack located on the left forearm.
- 110mm Machine Cannon
- A weapon inherited from the Gelgoog Marine, that was mounted on the right forearm. It fires physical rounds at a rapid rate and possesses enough firepower to destroy lightly armored mobile suits with ease. However its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited.
- Beam Rifle
- The Gelgoog series is the first series of mass produced Principality of Zeon mobile suit to be equipped with a beam rifle. The technology of the rifle allows the weapon to fire compressed mega particles in the form of a beam which has the power to penetrate all but the specially treated materials.
- Twin Beam Sword
- The twin beam sword, also known as a beam naginata, is the Gelgoog's weapon in close-range melee combat. The beam sword operates by generating a beam of plasma contained and shaped by an I-field. Because of the heat of the plasma the beam sword can cut through any alloy. The Gelgoog's twin beam sword is unique in that it has a longer than average handle, about the length of two beam saber hilts, and has an emitter at both ends, allowing a single weapon to create two beam blades. This allows the pilot the advantage of incorporating different techniques into their fighting style than they would normally be capable of. When not in use it is stored in a back mounted recharge rack.
- Prototype Large Beam Rifle
- A experimental beam weapon developed at Axis after the One Year War, it's effective firing range is 1.8 times that of a ordinary beam rifle, because it's powered by it's own built in generator it can be wielded by Zaku type MS. The generator however only has enough power for five shots.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The Gelgoog carries a unique arm mounted shield styled after the shields used by the African Zulu tribe. When not in use the large shield can be mounted on the back to free up the arms.
The MS-14U Gelgoog Outer Space Type was created after the conclusion of the One Year War at the Zeon base on Axis. After it was damaged and defeated in combat by Amuro Ray and his RX-78-2 Gundam, Char Aznable's Gelgoog Commander Type is repaired and modified to improve its performance, adding a new and more powerful backpack taken from the MS-14B Gelgoog High Mobility Type as well as replacing the severed arm with an arm from the MS-14F Gelgoog Marine. It is then held in reserve while Char pilots the MSN-02 Zeong. After the end of the battle of A Baoa Qu, Char flees using his Gelgoog to support the Zeon retreat to Axis. While at Axis, Char's Gelgoog is further refined, removing the B-type backpack, adding a more streamlined design, larger thrusters, a vulcan gun and a hidden beam saber, earning the unit the new designation of MS-14U Gelgoog Outer Space Type. Char uses the MS-14U as his primary mobile suit until he transfers to the refined MSN-02 Perfect Zeong. After this point, the MS-14U is piloted by Andy. Andy, who had previously been piloting a MS-06F2 Zaku II F2 Type, voices his approval of the Gelgoog, commenting on how sharp the controls are. The unit is later mass produced as the MS-14U Gelgoog Mass Produced Outer Space Type. It is unclear how long this suit was used by Axis Zeon, but it is not present during the Neo Zeon War, suggesting that it had been phased out by then.
|Early Universal Century Mobile Weapons (—U.C. 0110)|
|Earth Federation Forces / Londo Bell / ECOAS|
ARX-014 Silver Bullet | D-50C Loto | FA-010A FAZZ | FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type — RX-81 | FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam | FD-03 Gustav Karl | Med | MS-06 Zaku II | MS-07H Gouf Flight Test Type | MS-14 Gelgoog | MSA-008 Bar-GM | MSA-0011 S Gundam - MSA-0011(Ext) Ex-S Gundam | MSA-007 Nero | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus — MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai | MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1 | ORX-013 Gundam Mk-V | PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam | PF-78-3 Perfect Gundam III | RAG-79 Aqua GM - RAG-79-G1 Waterproof Gundam | RAS-96 Anksha | RB-79 Ball | RGC-80 GM Cannon | RGC-83 GM Cannon II | RGD-X1 GD Striker | RGM-79 GM — RGM-79N GM Custom — RGM-79C GM Type C — RGM-79C GM Type C (Keraunos Squad) — RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail" | RGM-86R GM III | RGM-88X Jeddah | RGM-89 Jegan | RGX-D3 D Gundam "Third" | RGZ-91 Re-GZ | RMS-106 Hizack | RMS-117 Galbaldy Beta | RMS-179/RGM-79R GM II | RMS-188MD Zaku Diver | RMS-192M Zaku Mariner | RMV-1 Guntank II | RRf-06 Zanny | RTX-440 Ground Assault Type Guntank | RX-75 Guntank | RTX-44 | RX-77-2 Guncannon | RXM-1 | RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam — RX-78-2 Gundam — RX-78-3 "G-3" Gundam — RX-78-4 Gundam Unit 4 "G04" — RX-78-5 Gundam Unit 5 "G05" — RX-78-6 Mudrock Gundam — RX-78-7 7th Gundam | RX-78GP00 Gundam GP00 "Blossom" | RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes" — RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern | RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis" | RX-78GP03D Gundam "Dendrobium Orchis" — RX-78GP03S Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen" | RX-78GP04G Gundam "Gerbera" | RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex" | RX-79 [G] Gundam Ground Type | RX-79(G)Ez-8 Gundam Ez8 | RX-79BD-1 GM Blue Destiny Unit 1 — RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3 | RX-93 ν Gundam — FA-93HWS v Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type — RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam | RX-94 Mass Production Type ν Gundam | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex | RX-104FF Penelope — RX-104 Odysseus Gundam | RX-160S Byarlant Custom | TGM-79 GM Trainer | Zuck
|Titans / New Desides |
LRX-077 Sisquiede | LRX-088 Dezpada | MRX-009 Psyco Gundam | MRX-010 Psyco Gundam Mk-II | MS-11 Action Zaku | NRX-033 Matabiri | NRX-044 Asshimar — NRX-044Q Asshimar (Danda-Chakra) | NRX-055 Baund Doc | ORX-005 Gaplant — ORX-005CS Gaplant Custom Erisia Special | ORX-007 [Hati] | ORX-009 Gundam [Sköll] | ORX-012 Gundam Mk-IV | ORX-013 Gundam Mk-V | PMX-000 Messala | PMX-001 Palace Athene | PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn | PMX-003 The O | PMX-004 Titania | RGM-79Q GM Quel | RMS-106 Hizack | RMS-108 Marasai | RMS-119 EWAC Zack "Eye-Zack" | RMS-141 Xeku Eins | RMS-142 Xeku Zwei | RMS-154 Barzam | RMS-179/RGM-79R GM II | RMS-188MD Zaku Diver | RMS-192M Zaku Mariner | RX-110 Gabthley — RX-110C Gabthley (Hugin) — RX-110NT-1 Gabthley (Munin) | RX-121 Gundam TR-1 Hazel — RX-121-1 Gundam TR-1 Hazel Custom — RX-121-2 Gundam TR-1 (Hazel II) — RX-121-2A Gundam TR-1 (Advanced Hazel) — RX-121-3C Gundam TR-1 (Hyzenthlay) | RX-121-2 Gundam TR-1 (Hazel Owsla) — RX-121-2 Gundam TR-1 (Hazel Owsla) Last Shooting version | RX-124 Gundam TR-6 (Woundwort) — RX-124 Gundam TR-6 (Advanced Woundwort) | RX-124 Gundam TR-6 (Inle) | RX-136-1 Rakshasa | RX-139 Hambrabi | RX-160 Byarlant | RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" | RX-178 Gundam Mk-II | RX-272-2 Gundam Mk-III "Halpuley"
|Anti Earth Union Group / Karaba|
FA-007GIII Full Armor Gundam Mk-III | LRX-077 Sisquiede | MSA-003 Nemo | MSA-004K Nemo III | MSA-005 Methuss | MSA-007 Nero | MSA-008 (RGM-87) Bar-GM | Gundam [Gullinbursti] — MSW-004 Gundam (Kestrel) — MSW-004 Gundam (Kestrel) Maneuver Exterior | MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III | MSK-003 Wagtail II | MSK-008 Dijeh | MSN-001 Delta Gundam — MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki | MSS-008 Le Cygne | MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam — FA-006ZG Full Armor Zeta Gundam | MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1 - MSZ-006A2 Ζ Plus A2 - MSZ-006C1 Ζ Plus C1 - MSZ-006D Zeta Plus D | MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam | MSZ-008 ZII | MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam — MSZ-010S Enhanced ZZ Gundam — FA-010S Full Armor ZZ Gundam | MSZ-013 Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam | PF-178 Perfect Gundam II | RMS-179/RGM-79R GM II | RX-098 Prototype Rick Dias | RMS-099 Rick Dias | RX-178 Gundam Mk-II
|Principality of Zeon |
Apsalus Project | EMS-05 Agg | EMS-10 Zudah | G87 Luna Tank | GM camouf | MA-04X Zakrello | MA-05 Bigro — MA-06 Val Walo | MA-08 Big Zam | MA-09 Mass Production Type Big Zam | MAM-07 Grublo | MAN-03 Braw Bro | MAN-05 Gromlin | MAN-08 Elmeth | MAX-03 Adzam | MP-02A Oggo | MS-01 Club Man | MS-02 to 03 | MS-04 Prototype Zaku | MS-05 Zaku I | MS-06 Zaku II | MS-07 Gouf | MS-08TX Efreet | MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom | MS-09 Dom - MS-09R Rick Dom | MS-10 Pezun Dowadge | MS-11 Action Zaku | MS-12 Gigan | MS-13 Gasshia | MS-14 Gelgoog | MS-17 Galbaldy Alpha | MS-18E Kämpfer | MS-19 Dolmel | MSM-01 Zaku Marine Type | MSM-02 Hydro Test Type | MSM-03 Gogg | MSM-04 Acguy | MSM-07 Z'Gok | MSM-08 Zogok | MSM-10 Zock | MSN-01 Kikeroga | MSN-01 Psycomu Test High Mobility Type Zaku II | MSN-02 Zeong | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | YMS-15 Gyan | YMS-16M Xamel | YMT-05 Hildolfr | ZI-XA2
|Axis / Zeon Remnants / Neo Zeon|
AMA-00GR Zero Ze Aru | AMA-01X Jamru Fin | AMA-X7 Shamblo | AMA-002 Neue Ziel | AMA-100 Z'od-iacok | AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMS-120 Geara Doga Psycomu Test Type | AMS-129 Geara Zulu | AMS-129M Zee Zulu | AMX-001 Prototype Qubeley | AMX-003 Gaza-C | AMX-004 Qubeley | AMX-004 Qubeley Mk-II | AMX-004G Qubeley Mass Production Type | AMX-006 Gaza-D | AMX-007 Gaza-E | AMX-008 Ga-Zowmn | AMX-009 Dreissen | AMX-011 Zaku III | AMX-014 Döven Wolf | AMX-015 Geymalk | AMX-017 Gigantic | AMX-101 Galluss-J | AMX-103 Hamma Hamma | AMX-102 Zssa | AMX-103 Hamma Hamma | AMX-104 R-Jarja | AMX-107 Bawoo — AMX-107R Rebawoo | AMX-109 Capule | AMX-117R Gazu-R/AMX-117L Gazu-L | MRX-010 Psyco Gundam Mk-II - MRX-012 Psyco Gundam Mk-III | MS-06 Zaku II | MS-09G Dwadge | MS-09R4 (MS-09RN) MS-09S Psycommu Rick Dom "Schnee Weiss" | MS-14J ReGelgu | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-04 Sazabi — MSN-04II Nightingale | MSN-06S Sinanju | NZ-000 Queen Mansa | NZ-222 Psyco Doga | NZ-333 α Azieru — NZ-444 β Azieru | NZ-666 Kshatriya | RMS-099B Schuzrum Dias | RMS-106CS Hizack Custom | RMS-108 Marasai | RMS-116H Hobby Hizack | RMS-119 EWAC Zack "Eye-Zack" | RMS-192M Zaku Mariner | YAMS-130 Krake Zulu — YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu
|Monotone Mouse Company|
Cattle | Geze | Junior Mobile Suit | MS-05 Zaku I | MS-06V Zaku Tank | MS-06 Zaku II | MSM-03 Gogg | MSM-04 Acguy | MSM-07 Z'Gok | MWS-19051G D Gundam "First" | MSM-08 Zogok | MWS-19051G D Gundam "First" - MWS-19051G-2 D Gundam "Second" | RMS-116H Hobby Hizack | SP-W03 Space Pod | TOLRO-800 "Torohachi" | Middle Mobile Suit