Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-15(EXAM) Gyan is a normal YMS-15 Gyan equipped with the powerful EXAM System. This system grant its user Newtype abilities, thus making this mass-production mobile suit one of the strongest weapons the Principality of Zeon had ever produced.
- Beam Saber
- The suit's primary weapon, the beam saber has a higher output than the Earth Federation Forces' beam sabers, and is specialized for slashing and piercing/stabbing attack. It use Minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material.
- Missile Shield
- A large circular shield that not only defend the mobile suit from beam weapons, but also has offensive capabilities in the form of needle missiles and hide bombs stored within. However, the storing of weapons does lower the shield's defensive capabilities, making it weaker than other standard mobile suit-use shields.
- Needle Missile
- The missile shield stores 60 needle missiles. Due to their small size, the needle missiles are not very powerful and are mainly used to restrain enemy's movement or for intimidation purposes. These missiles can however still be quite deadly when fired in massed volleys.
- Hide Bomb
- A type of space mine (space version of the naval mine), 25 of them are stored in the missile shield. The hide bombs freely floats around in space once deployed, damaging any Mobile Suit that come near them.
Special Equipment & Features
- A system that gave normal pilots the ability to mimic the power of Newtypes. While little is known about the mechanics of the system, the primary component is known to have been the captive soul of Newtype Marion Welch. The conflict of her soul with the bonds of the system made it extremely unstable and hard to control, to the point that the system - and the mobile suit - would sometimes go berserk. While under the influence of the EXAM System, the mobile suit's optical sensors would glow red.