Technology & Combat Characteristics
An improvement over the original YMS-15 Gyan, the Gann Ex features enhancements in communication capabilities and its generator that allow operation in the Jupiter sphere. It also lacks the Gyan's trademark Beam Saber.
- Beam Rifle
- The beam rifle, as its name suggests, is a high-powered energy beam weapon that fires condensed mega particles which can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. It is powered by a replaceable energy caps.
- The Gann EX is equipped with a large circular shield that not only defend it from beam weapons, but also has offensive capabilities in the form of missiles and hide bombs stored within.
- Shield Missile
- The shield of the Gann Ex stores many small missiles. Though individually not very powerful these missiles are deadly when fired in massed volleys. Additionally these were not meant for long range combat, instead serving more as a mid to close range ranged weapon.
- Hide Bomb
- A type of space mine (space version of the naval mine). The hide bombs freely floats around in space once deployed, damaging any Mobile Suit that come near them
Special Equipment & Features
- Advanced sensor and communication system
- With the improved equipment the pilot of the Gann Ex would have superior intelligence on battlefield conditions as well as be more capable of piercing electronic countermeasures and maintain contact with comrades.
- Upgraded generator
- Compare to the original Gyan, the Gann Ex has a stronger generator, in order to move around the high-gravity environment of Jupiter.
The Gann Ex was used by Char Aznable to defend a Zeon resource base from an attack by the Earth Federation Forces.