Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgraded MSA-003 Nemo for the ace of anti-Titans organization Keraunos, the MSA-003+FXA-05D Nemo-Defenser spots a backpack that is modeled after the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. However, its most interesting feature is the attachment of a FXA-05D G-Defenser to the back of it, thus increases the attack power, maneuverability and armor, making it on par with many of the suits used by the Titans. Furthermore, a large radome is mounted on its back, which helping this MS to closely monitor the battlefield.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- E-Cap charged Beam Sabers are the standard close-range melee combat weapons employed by the majority of MS. They emit high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The Nemo-Defenser is equipped with two beam sabers powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks on the backpack.
- 14-tube Missile Pod
- The Nemo-Defenser has two missile pods, each contains 14 missiles for a total of 48. They are mainly used for mid-to-long ranged bombardment. Because of the ballistic nature, the missile is particularly effective against a target that has beam-resistance capability.
- Long Beam Rifle
- The most powerful weapon of the Nemo-Defenser is the long beam rifle, a high-powered energy weapon mounted on the starboard side of the main body. The Long Beam Rifle fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen which allows the damage area to be widen, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
- BOWA*BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. To keep the cost of the Nemo down, the Nemo is equipped with the same beam rifle used on the RMS-179 GM II; which has a power rating of 1.9 MW and powered by a rechargeable energy cap. When not in use the beam rifle is stored on the hip of the Nemo-Defenser.
- Sensor Radome
- Mounted on the back of the Nemo Defenser is a big radome, not unlike the model on the RMS-119 EWAC Zack. It gives the Nemo a wider observation range and increase its inherent accuracy, thus making this MS more suitable for recon and sniping assignments.