MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II
|Developed from||RMS-099 Rick Dias|
|First Seen||0087 U.C.|
|Operator||Anti-Earth Union Group|
|Overall Height||24.05 meters78.904 ft |
|Head Height||18.52 meters60.761 ft |
|Max Weight||58.2 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||30.7 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||1850 kW2,480.891 hp|
|Sensor Range||11200 meters36,745.407 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in head)|
|Armor||Gundarium γ Alloy|
|Max Acceleration||1.76 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||2 x 19300 kg42,549.205 lb |
The MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II is a mobile suit from the series Zeta Gundam Variations of the Gundam metaseries.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II is an upgraded version of the RMS-099 Rick Dias. Its combat abilities are much the same as its predecessor except that the Rick Dias II has more thrusters and a superior propulsion system granting it greater speed and maneuverability than the Rick Dias, as well as a slightly improved powerplant. One of the main combat differences is that the Rick Dias II's design replaces the beam pistols of the original and sports a much more powerful 2-barrel mega beam gun.
Because of the limited resources of the AEUG and their philosophies for mobile suit design it is likely that the Rick Dias II could use weapons employed by the AEUG's other mass produced mobile suits.
- 2-barrel 55mm Vulcan Phalanx Anti-missile Gun System
- A standard armament of the mobile suits in this era. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle are can damage any ordinary armor that has not be specially treated to resist it. Like all beam rifle of this era, Rick Dias's model is powered by a replaceable E-cap.
- Beam saber
- The standard close range armament for most Mobile Suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Schuzrum Dias is equipped with two beam sabers stored in recharge rack on the hips.
- 2-barrel Mega Beam Gun
- Replace Rick Dias's Beam Pistol are two 2-barrel Mega Beam Guns. The power of this weapon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, and they can completely destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam. How ever each gun has a high power-consuming, made the Mega Beam Guns can't fire rapidly.
Special Equipment & Features
- "Random binder"
- To increase the Rick Dias II's operational time, it's equipped with a pair of binder-style propellants, which carry extra fuel. This kind of equipment was modified after MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's wing binders, and it really boost the Suit's agility.
- Flare launchers
- A flare launcher is mounted on the Rick Dias II's arm in order to distract enemies, or use as a signalling tool.
The MSA-009-2 Rick Dias II is created during the Gryps Conflict with the intention of serving as the successor to the AEUG's RMS-099 (MSA-099) Rick Dias. The suit is a substantial improvement over the original Rick Dias in nearly every respect. The old beam pistols on the Rick Dias have been replaced with a far more powerful 2-barrel mega beam gun. The Rick Dias II enters a short production run and is assigned to the AEUG's ace pilots. But with the plan to produce the MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai, production on the Rick Dias II stops after several units are rolled out. The Rick Dias II's then became the base for Anaheim Electronic to develop the even more powerful RMS-099B Schuzrum Dias.