Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III is an AEUG prototype attack-use mobile suit, it is featured in the original design series Zeta Gundam Mobile Suit Variations (Z-MSV). The "Gundam Mk-III" also refers to three separate machines created by the AEUG, the Earth Federation Forces, and Titans.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
After the AEUG successfully stole the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II from the Titans, two of the stolen units were sent to Anaheim Electronics to study, reverse engineer and duplicate their technology. There a group of technical experts created the Gundam Mk-III, which featured an improved version of the movable frame used on the Mk-II. Gundam MK-III also has a pair of wing binders which mounts several thrusters to increase speed and mobility. It's armaments consists of shoulder mounted beam cannons, a beam rifle and a shield with two beam sabers integrated into it.
- Beam Cannon
- Mounted on each shoulder is a beam cannon, which are connected directly to the mobile suits movable frame so that energy supply and fire control can be performed without using the mobile suit's hands.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle used by the MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III is upgraded from that used by the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II and has a higher power rating.
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
- Beam Saber
- Mounted on the shield are two beam sabers. This combination allows the Gundam Mk-III to quickly switch between defense and close quarter combat.
The MSF-007 Gundam MK-III (AEUG Version) was constructed by Anaheim and given to AEUG, and two Gundams with the same name (though of different design,) existed in the under the names RX-166 Gundam MK-III "Eagley" (originally said to be constructed at the Kilimanjaro Mountain Base and destroyed when the base collapsed, but later retconned into also being an Anaheim design given to AEUG, since it bears very close resemblance to the AEUG's MSF-007 Gundam MK-III) and the transformation-capable RX-272-2 Gundam MK-III "Halpuley" (possibly constructed at Gryps between the Gundam MK II theft and the Jaburo drop operation).
Notes & Trivia
- The MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III is one of many hidden units within the Super Robot Wars series, its most promenant appearances being Super Robot Wars R and Super Robot Wars D. In R, you must take the Char's Counterattack route and get 10 kills with Amuro on the second stage. In D, you must follow the classic and Shin Getter teams to Jupiter and complete the Getter Robo Armageddon storyline. In R, Four Murasame pilots it instead of a RGM-89D Jegan. In D, it's Roux Louka as her own unit (you can still play as her if you don't take that route, but she has to be put into another unit.)
- The "F" acronym in the model number stands for "Fujita".
FA-178 Full Armor Gundam Mk-II | MSA-004 Nemo II | MSA-004K Nemo III | MSA-005K Guncannon Detector | MSA-005S Methuss Kai | MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II | MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III | MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai Mass Production Type | MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam | MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam | MSZ-008 ZII | SE-DJ-1R Dijeh SE-R