Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The MSJ-04 Fanton (aka Fanton), an older model MS later converted and sold off to third parties as the MSER-04 Anf.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Near the advent of 24th century AD, the Advanced European Union and Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations sought to develop advanced high-speed, high-maneuverability mobile suits. However the Human Reform League preferred to use proven technology and designs in their mobile suits. These designs include using heavy armor at the cost of speed and maneuverability alongside heavy weapons, making HRL mobile suits such as the Fanton akin to bipedal tanks. The Fanton shares the basic concept as the Tieren. Unlike its successor however, the Fanton only exist as ground mobile suits and cannot be used in other environments like space.
The Fanton's armaments were designed for taking out mobile suits and armored vehicles. Its ranged weapon is a long-barrel magazine-fed 155 x 50mm smoothbore gun mounted underneath the unit's head. The Fanton can carry a total of five magazines, one inserted into the gun, and another four carried on the hip armor. For close range combat the Fanton is equipped with a carbon spear. The carbon spear was not as advanced as the sonic blades other nations had in development but it was easier to maintain and had a greater reach. Lastly the Fanton had thick shield mounted on its left forearm for defensive purposes.
Unlike the Tieren, the Fanton uses fossil fuels as its main fuel source for its engine. The fossil fuels are then burned in order to generate electricity, which are then used to power most of the mobile suit's functions. Some specific functions however are powered directly by the fossil fuel engine. The vents on the backpack are used to cool down its engine and discharge smoke.
- 155 x 50mm Smoothbore Gun
- The 155 x 50mm smooth-bore gun was the primary weapon of the Fanton, located under its head. The weapon is fed from a detachable box magazine which can be swapped for spare magazines carried by the mobile suit. A few types of ammunitions can be chosen based on the strategy chosen. This gun would be replaced by a more powerful arm mounted 200 x 25mm smooth-bore gun when the Fanton was modified and sold as the MSER-04 Anf.
- Carbon Spear
- A close range weapon with a large blade made of E-Carbon. This pole-arm weapon stands as tall as the Fanton, giving it great reach in close combat. This weapon was made to compensate for the lack of mobility on the Fanton.
- A prominent plate shield mounted on the Fanton's left arm. It is the Fanton's basic defensive armament.
The Fanton is an Human Reform League mobile suit used before the 24th century AD. The Fanton played a vital role in defending the HRL's Orbital Elevator while it was still under construction during the Solar Energy Wars.
After the adoption of the Tieren seres as the Human Reform League's main mobile suit by A.D. 2301, the remaining Fantons were modified and exported to other factions and nations as the MSER-04 Anf.
Notes & Trivia
- Fanton can be interpreted in Chinese as "Fan Tong", meaning loser, or useless person.
- ↑ Fanton Data File
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Mobile Suit Gundam 00P - Fanton Profile
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 1/100 MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type model kit manual - Human Reform League Developement History Section