The MSJ-06II-AC Tieren Antiaircraft Cannon Type (aka Tieren Antiaircraft Cannon Type, Tieren),is a variant of the MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type, the unit is featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 00V. The unit is used by the HRL.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A Tieren variant customized for anti-air use, the Tieren Antiaircraft Cannon Type is designed to combat the various transformable aerial mobile suits used by other nations. As such, it is equipped with various anti-air weaponry and a powerful sensor system for detecting enemy aerial units. The suit is nicknamed "Ciwei", which means "Hedgehog" in Mandarin Chinese, and this was given to it by soldiers in the field.
- 155mm X 50 Caliber Rapid Fire Anti-Air Cannon
- The Tieren Antiaircraft's main weapon fires 720 rounds per minute or 12 rounds per second. Each round's velocity is an impressive 1655 m/s (close to Mach 5). This however puts a great strain on the barrel, making it prone to breakdowns. Reserve cannon barrels are mounted on the hips.
- Anti-Air Cannon Shells
- Can be fitted with self-guided warheads, anti-aircraft warheads or regular warheads. Each type can come with a delayed explosion (moment of detonation can be set once in the air). Proximity type (activates when its near the target), and point blank firing type ammunition. These all demonstrate its diversity of attack patterns.
- 4-Tube Anti-Air Missile Launchers
- These are normally loaded with basic missile ammunition, but following the appearance of the Gundams (which render Radar and Heat-Seeking impossible), some units are loaded with wire guided missiles .
- 60mm 6-Barrel Liquid-Cooled Vulcan Gun with Carbon Blade
- A Vulcan gun for use against ground targets. The heat sustained by the barrel while firing is much greater then the standard 200x25mm smoothbore gun, so a highly-effective liquid cooling system is used. The cannon also sports a carbon blade.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- This projectile weapon is commonly found mounted on the bottom left of the chest of the HRL's Tieren units. The weapon fires a 30mm round that is used in anti-air or in rare cases, anti-MS attacks. Possess low destructive power.
Special Equipment & Features
- Combined Reconnaissance System
- To ensure the detection of incoming high altitude enemy units, the Tieren AC uses a great variety of sensors and radars. In some cases, additional data is received from unmanned mobile armors.
In the year 2306, a large scale exercise was conducted for the ten year anniversary of the HRL's Space Elevator. There Robert Spacey meets a UN inspector Deborah Galiena. The exercise started on schedule, but as it moved toward the final stage, a siren suddenly sounded at the base. Four AEU-05 AEU Hellion units were approaching the Space Elevator when a Tieren Antiaircraft Cannon Type appeared out of the hanger. Its rapid-fire anti-aircraft cannon opened fire. In one instant, all four Hellions were shot down.
The Tieren Antiaircraft Cannon Type also appeared in Mobile Suit Gundam 00F trying to stop a group of terrorist using Hellions from damaging the Space Elevator.