The MSJ-06II-C/B Tieren High Mobility Type B is a mass-produced upgrade of the MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type in Mobile Suit Gundam 00. In AD 2307, the unit was used by the HRL. By AD 2312, the unit is used by the ESF and Katharon.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
At nearly twice the mass of the GN-005 Gundam Virtue, the variant of the Human Reform League mainstay mobile suit is comparable in design to a bipedal tank, markedly less advanced and less maneuverable than the mass-production types of the other major powers. It bears many similarities to the MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type except for the legs which have been redesigned dramatically. There is a Commander variant of the Tieren High Mobility Type B that features the same head unit and shoulder shields as the MSJ-06II-ET Tieren Space Commander Type. Though the unit's heavy armor and firepower are relics from an older generation of combat vehicles, the preservation of these throwback features translates to practical dependability in general-purpose warfare, the reasoning behind its continued deployment. The Tieren's cockpit is screen-less and relatively cramped. The piloting display is head-mounted.
Although designed and built after the original High Mobility Type the Type B shares more physical features in common with the Ground Type, possessing the same build and shields and lacking the High Mobility Pack. Instead the enhanced mobility is derived from the enlarged legs which contain thrusters powerful enough to allow the Tieren to hover. With this ability the Tieren High Mobility Type B can accelerate over land to speeds much greater than what any previous HRL mobile suit could achieve with the exception of the more advanced MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi.
Another notable difference is the switchover from the smoothbore cannon of previous models to the smoothbore gun. It does not have the same rate of fire as the cannon however the longer barrel could point to greater range and accuracy. And it has the ability to mount a carbon blade allowing for a quick switch between ranged and melee combat.
- 200 x 50mm Smoothbore Gun
- A gun based on the smoothbore weapons technology of the HRL. Markedly less advanced then the linear weapons used by the Union and AEU. However the technology is quite reliable and dependable. The gun does not have the same rate of fire as the cannon however the longer barrel could point to greater range and accuracy. A carbon blade is mounted on the side allowing for a quick switch between ranged and melee combat.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- This projectile weapon is commonly found mounted on the left part of the chest of the HRL's Tieren units. The smoothbore weapon fires a 30mm round that is used in anti air or in rare cases, anti MS attacks. Possess low destructive power.
- A prominent plate shield normally docked to the front of one of the unit's lower legs, extending upwards to the hip. Two smaller shields are mounted onto each shoulder.
A squad of Tieren High Mobility Type B were seen led by Sergei Smirnov who piloted a MSJ-06II-C/BT Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B in the Taklamakan Desert. The squad managed to capture the Gundam Kyrios however this success was not due to the combat abilities of the Tieren unit but actually due to the presence of super soldier Soma Peries and the effects her quantum brainwaves on Allelujah Haptism. After the appearance of the Throne Gundams the Tierens were quickly annihilated by Throne Zwei and its GN Fangs. The Commander Type survived but was heavily damaged.
The Tieren High Mobility Type B still remained in service in the year AD 2312. Although it was not a front line combat unit, it was still utilized for other purposes by the Earth Sphere Federation Army. These outdated units fared poorly against the Gundams and were clearly outmatched by Celestial Being's generation 3.5 Gundam units. Some of these Tieren units were acquired and used by the anti-Federation organization Katharon.
Notes & Trivia
- The Tieren HMT-B shows some similarities to the Universal Century's MS-09B Dom, particularly the leg-mounted thrusters giving the Tieren HMT-B the ability to hover.