Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The MSJ-06II-C Tieren High Mobility Type is an improved variant of the Tieren Ground Type in Mobile Suit Gundam 00. The High Mobility Type would quickly replaced by the High Mobility Type B.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The capabilities of the Tieren High Mobility Type are similar to the MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type. At nearly twice the mass of the GN-005 Gundam Virtue, the variant of the Human Reform League mainstay mobile suit is comparable in design to a bipedal tank, markedly less advanced and less maneuverable than the mass-production types of the other major powers. Though the unit's heavy armor and firepower are relics from an older generation of combat vehicles, the preservation of these throwback features translates to practical dependability in general-purpose warfare, the reasoning behind its continued deployment. The Tieren's cramped, screenless cockpit include a helmet mounted display.
The High Mobility Type differs from the Ground Type in that is includes a high mobility pack that gives the Tieren a limited form of flight. This allows the Tieren to reach mission locations and combat zones quickly. When engaging in combat the large wings of the high mobility pack fold upwards vertically, and rotate behind the mobile suit's back, in order to stay out of the way.
The shield leg of the Tieren Ground Type is removed and in its place are enlarged thrusters on both legs for enhanced accelerated hovering and attitude control.
Overall the Tieren High Mobility Type is much faster and better suited for combat against more advanced mobile suits then the Tieren Ground Type. However improved mobility is the only advantage it has over the Ground Type.
- 200 x 25mm Smoothbore Gun
- One amongst the selection of standard solid-round firearms available to the Tieren. The barrel is fixed with a 12.7 mm coaxial machine gun and is able to equip different rounds to suit different combat situations.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- This projectile weapon is commonly found mounted on the left part of the chest of the HRL's Tieren units. The smoothbore weapon fires a 30mm round that is used in anti air or in rare cases, anti MS attacks. Possess low destructive power.
- Carbon Blade
- A low-cost melee weapon resembling a katar, but with a double-ended bow-shaped blade that parallels the grip. Its performance in battle is inferior to that of a Vibroblade. Normally docked on the panel behind the waist when not in use. Is chosen for the Tieren's close combat weapon as it can be used to the fullest with the Tieren's strength and weight behind it. Can be used as a shield with limited capabilities, and can completely throw the opponent off balance. The blade was not designed for cutting, rather it was designed for the purpose of bludgeoning enemy equipment to pieces.
- Two small plate shields that are mounted onto each shoulder.
Special Equipment & Features
- High Mobility Pack
In AD 2307, Sergei Smirnov used one of these mobile suits to combat the GN-001 Gundam Exia during one of the Gundam Meister's follow-up missions in Ceylon. Thanks to Sergei's experience as a mobile suit pilot he had limited success, putting the Exia in a position where its GN Sword capabilities would be limited. He then attempted to take Exia's headpiece. However the Exia quickly retook the advantage after pulling out one of Exia's beam sabers and disabled Sergei's Tieren High Mobility Type.
In AD 2312, the vastly outdated Tieren High Mobility Type was replaced by the MSJ-06II-C/B Tieren High Mobility Type B in the Earth Sphere Federation Army. Despite this, some of these units were acquired and used by Katharon.