The MSJ-06II-ET Tieren Space Commander Type (aka Tieren Space Commander Type, Tieren), is a command variant of HRL's MSJ-06II-E Tieren Space Type in season 1 of Mobile Suit Gundam 00. The unit was piloted by Sergei Smirnov.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Though the Space Type variant deviates little from the overall structure of the standard Tieren, the addition of numerous rotatable thrusters permits adequate multidirectional maneuverability in micro-gravity for mobility during space combat, with primary thrust provided by the installations on the dorsal box. The water used by the unit as a propellant is supplied from the tanks within the lower legs, which serve also as substitutes to the Ground Type's leg shield. The portions of the tanks that protrude from the knees are detachable for refueling.
The Commander variant differs from the standard MSJ-06II-E Tieren Space Type in that it has a different head piece. A second difference is that the two shoulder thrusters have been replaced by two large shields, which contain additional equipment to help a commander command his troops effectively.
- 200 x 25mm Smoothbore Gun
- A gun based on the smoothbore weapons technology of the HRL. Markedly less advanced then the linear weapons used by the Union and AEU. However the technology is quite reliable and dependable. The gun does not have the same rate of fire as the cannon however the longer barrel could point to greater range and accuracy. And it has the ability to mount a carbon blade allowing for a quick switch between ranged and melee combat.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- This projectile weapon is commonly found mounted on the left part of the chest of the Human Reform League's Tieren units. It fires solid 30mm rounds. While its power is weak, because it can be fired rapidly it can be used for anti-personal and anti-aircraft purposes. In addition, it can also be used as supression fire against other mobile suits. While it is not considered to be a major weapon, it has a wide range of applications that increases the general versatility of the Tieren.
- Mounted on each shoulder of the MSJ-06II-ET is a large shield, which also function as a large antenna, improving the suit's communication ability. The shoulder shields also contain composite radar and other functions that are required or necessary for a commander to lead effectively.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tanks
- Carbon Wire Launcher
- Optional equipment, used for the Gundam capture mission.
A Tieren Space Commander Type mobile suit was piloted by Sergei Smirnov when he led a mission in space to capture a Gundam. The HRL had launched and scattered a large number of two-way communicators out into a section of space where it was believed Celestial Being was likely to be. The HRL took advantage of the jamming capabilities of GN Particles to search for an area where communications black out. Then by separating his forces Sergei was able to separate the Gundams. The plan almost succeeded in the capture of the GN-003 Gundam Kyrios and the GN-005 Gundam Virtue.
Notes & Trivia