The MSJ-06III-A Tieren All Region Type is a mobile suit developed from the MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi. This unit was piloted by Sergei Smirnov.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Before the advent of GN powered mobile suits, the HRL was working on new models for the aging Tieren series, which were versatile and allowed multi-environment function without equipment modification. However after the advent of GN mobile suits, many of these next generation machines became obsolete and the All Region Type is one of them. As its name suggests, it is fully capable of moving in various environments without any modifications (this includes flying inside the atmosphere). It is a direct descendant of the MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi, both units sharing a virtually identical frame. However, unlike the Taozi which was created to bring out the potential of a super soldier's enhanced reaction times and quantum brainwaves, the All Region Type was built to be piloted by ordinary humans. By increasing the number of thrusters placed around the body combined with it's movable armor in the shoulders, an impressive mobility performance is achieved. Like the Tieren Taozi, the Tieren All Region Type does not require the pilot to wear a head mounted display helmet. Due to the fact that GN powered mobile suits were aimed to be highly versatile, this mobile suit was used as the basis of the Ahead series thanks to its versatility. Due to its similarity with Tieren Taozi, the Tieren All Region Type is also called as such by some in the ESF, particularly those from the HRL.
- Beam Rifle
- A beam rifle for non GN Drive equipped MS, it has a small GN Condenser inside it that allows such mobile suits to use it. The rifle also mounts a GN beam saber at the bottom for close combat. Due to the fact that the GN weapons are not compatible with the operating system of non GN Drive equipped MS, a lot of adjustments and manual aiming needs to be done by the pilot in order to use this beam rifle effectively, thus a skilled pilot is required.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- This projectile weapon is commonly found mounted on the left part of the chest of the Human Reform League's Tieren units. It fires solid 30mm rounds. While its power is weak, because it can be fired rapidly it can be used for anti-personal and anti-aircraft purposes. In addition, it can also be used as supression fire against other mobile suits. While it is not considered to be a major weapon, it has a wide range of applications that increases the general versatility of the Tieren.
The Tieren All Region Type is the most advanced Tieren variant, and as the name suggests, this variant was meant to be deployed on almost any terrain. One of these units was piloted by Sergei Smirnov during his attempt to end the initial Coup d'état in AD 2312. He piloted this unit into the Orbital Elevator which was seized by the Coup faction and later escaped it inside his Tieren All Region Type after the elevator was hit by a blast of the second Memento Mori. After arriving on Earth, he helped shoot down the falling pieces of the elevator. However his son Andrei Smirnov, piloting a GNX-609T GN-XIII, believed that Sergei was a part of the Coup faction and thus killed him in a fit of rage with the GN-XIII's GN beam saber.
- Instead of Tieren All Region Type, the mobile suit's model kit is named Sergei's Tieren Taozi. The suit is also referred to simply as 'Tieren Toazi' in the anime, and this fits with the backstory of the suit being called as such due to its similarity with the real Tieren Taozi.
- Despite the Beam Rifle's similarity to the Advanced GN-X's Advanced GN Beam Rifle, it is unknown if they are related.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 HG 1/144 MSJ-06III-A Sergei's Tieren Taozi manual
- ↑ Gundam 00 2nd Mechanics sourcebook
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 16 "Prologue To Tragedy"
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 17 "In Midst of Scattered Light"
- MSJ-06III-A Tieren All-Region Type on MAHQ.net
- MSJ-06III-A Tieren All-Region Type on Gundam.de (Germany)
- MSJ-06III-A Tieren All-Region Type on Wikipedia.org