MSJ-06YIII-B Tieren Kyitwo
The MSJ-06YIII-B Tieren Kyitwo (aka Tieren Kyitwo, Tieren), is a prototype HRL mobile suit featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 00P and Mobile Suit Gundam 00I 2314. The unit is co-piloted by Delphine Bedelia and Leonard Fiennes.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Tieren Kyitwo is an "all-terrain trial type" that belongs to HRL's "Next Generation Development Technical Laboratory". The Kyitwo was designed to operate on land and in space without having to change equipment, giving it great versatility in combat against Union and AEU mobile suits. It was originally planned to lead into the next-generation mainstay unit (the MSJ-07), however, the development of this next generation machine was halted when the Gundams appeared. Instead, the Kyitwo's data and technology was used to develop the MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi and in a sense, the Kyitwo is a proto-Taozi. After the introduction of the GN-X, the Kyitwo became obsolete and was abandoned after the formation of the ESF.
As a test unit, the Kyitwo has a two-seat cockpit. The front seat utilizes the same Surround Monitor system as the Taozi, while rear seat used the normal Tieren equipment and helmet display. Veteran test pilot, Delphine Bedelia, was assigned to the rear seat, while seven year old Super Soldier Leonard Fiennes was in the front seat. Overall, Kyitwo could've been an adversarial unit to the AEU and Union, but it's no match against GN-powered mobile suits.
- 500mm Multistep Acceleration Gun
- A huge gun which is located next to the right leg and attaches to the rear waist armor. The Multistep Acceleration Gun is so named as its projectile is accelerated in stages so as to achieve an initial velocity several times that of previous guns. Includes a large folding spike underneath the barrel which angles downward to brace the gun while firing.
- 200 x 25mm Smoothbore Gun
- A gun based on the smoothbore weapons technology of the HRL, it is mounted on the right forearm and is markedly less advanced then the linear weapons used by the Union and AEU. However the technology is quite reliable and dependable. The barrel is fixed with a 12.7 mm coaxial machine gun and two heat sinks at the sides that also function as blades for close-quarters combat.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- This projectile weapon is commonly found mounted on the left part of the chest of the HRL's Tieren units. The smoothbore weapon fires a 30mm round that is used in anti air or in rare cases, anti MS attacks. Possess low destructive power.
- 30mm Machine Gun Turret
- A machine gun mounted in a turret underneath the cockpit block. Identical to the turret used in the export model MSER-04 Anf.
Pilots who are members of the Next Generation Technique Development Laboratory witnessed the Gundam Rasiel, and having relayed the news, the Next Generation Technique Development Laboratory started to move to capture the Gundam Rasiel. Those who witnessed the Rasiel are First Lieutenant Delphine Bedelia, and Second Lieutenant Leonard Fiennes, who is a super soldier. Leonard is a super soldier dispatched from the super soldier facility, but his ability does not seem high. The two board the Tieren Taozi prototype also called "Tieren Kyitwo", and head towards Rasiel who was caught in a trap. Delphine and Leonard in their Tieren Kyitwo tried to capture Grave with his Rasiel gundam, but failed many times.
When the AEU failed to capture the Rasiel gundam as well they send out Fon Spaak in a red Hellion Medium and a squad of Hellion Mediums to eliminate the competition. Fon Spaak engages in a battle with Delphine and Leonard in a Tieren Kyitwo in one side. Fon let his own bright red Hellion Medium be shot down with the purpose of making the CB Gundam appear, but unexpectedly Delphine and Leonard retreated. In Gundam 00P chapter 22, Celestial Being's super computer Veda ordered Grave to eliminate Tieren Kyitwo. In a certain desert, Grave fights with Kyitwo. Destroys the drive of the Kyitwo in just a second after the Rasiel begins to move, and ends the combat.
Gundam 00I 2314
In 2314, After Leonard's GN-007/AL Arios Gundam Ascalon was struck by ELS fragments and began to assimilate it, Leonard escaped the assimilating Gundam and let it crash into the ground, where he was saved by Lars driving a Jeep. Leonard went to the crash site, but found the Arios Ascalon completely assimilated with its appearance twisted into a grotesque abomination and cornered him. However, Delphine arrived in the GRM Gundam and saved Leonard. The two made their way to an old HRL base, where Hayana had found the old Tieren Kyitwo. Leonard and Delphine boarded their Tieren one final time and destroyed the infected Arios. What happened to the Tieren Kyitwo afterwards is unknown.
Notes & Trivia
- The shoulder thrusters have a vague resemblance to the shoulder armor of the MSN-04II Nightingale.