Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSK-003 Wagtail II is a custom mobile weapon used by Van Asiliaino, a member of the anti-Titans organization Keraunos. The Wagtail II is a further upgrade of Van's previous RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail" with leftover parts from testbed mobile suits, which removes it from the GM lineage. The new designation is given by Karaba since its equipped with various parts from different mobile suits.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It is capable of cutting through any metal not treated with anti-beam coating. Besides the original four beam sabers on the shoulders and in the shield, the Wagtail II now possesses stabilizers which double as beam sabers.
- HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM Rifle
- The GM Rifle is a simple shell-firing machine gun, it has no where near the power of a beam rifle, but can be cheaply produced and easily maintained. It features different barrel, sensor unit, stock and magazine configurations that allows for different ballistic and handling properties.
- BLASH HB-L-07/N-STD Hyper Bazooka
- Technically a large rocket launcher, it could fire several 360mm missiles to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, it has a slow rate of fire and a fairly little amount of ammunition. Most oftenly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- Specialized Beam Rifle
- A specially designed beam rifle for the Wagtail highly similar to that used by the GM II. However, it features a customized and improved barrel and sensor unit. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor not treated with specific counter-measures.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit, and is also treated with an anti-beam coating to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically, physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The shield of the Wagtail also houses two beam sabers. It is important to note the smaller size of the Wagtail's shield, possibly to be used for close range situations.
- MSK-003 Wagtail IIex