Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The MSM-03C Hygogg is a mass-produced amphibious mobile suit appearing in Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. They are piloted by Mikhail Kaminsky, Andy Strauss and Gabriel Ramirez Garcia of Zeon's Cyclops Team.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Hygogg was a development of the MSM-03 Gogg. Although the Gogg was one of the first true amphibious mobile suits, it was handicapped by several problems which included being under-powered, limited armament, and poor performance on land. Gogg's manufacturer Zimmad started looking at ways to address the Gogg's shortcomings, which resulted in the development of MSM-03C Hygogg model. Introduced shortly after Operation Odessa, this new machine introduced a number of structural changes in order to accommodate a more powerful generator. Its streamlined shape allowed for greater mobility both on land and in water and used large twin hydrojet thrusters for water propulsion. The arms are housed within the retractable shoulder armors, and its legs could be retracted during underwater travel to reduce water resistance.
As it used a redesigned frame, the Hygogg was significantly lighter than its predecessor while increasing its performance in mobile suit combat and maintaining proper balance that surpassed its counterpart, the MSM-07E Z'Gok-E. Additionally, production costs were reduced due to the implementation of standardized parts, including the cockpit, derived from the United Maintenance Plan, which greatly enhanced repairs and servicing. While the Hygogg's torso was armed with a pair of machine cannons and torpedo launchers for a variety of combat roles, its primary weapons were hand-mounted beam cannons similar to the Z'Gok series, allowing better ranged attack. In U.C. 0096, Hygogg units used by a Pirate faction had the hand beam cannons replaced with a pair of gatling guns.
- Beam Cannon
- The beam cannons in the Hygogg's multi-segmented arms use energy capacitor technology, giving the Hygogg greater firepower and a much wider firing arc.
- Gatling Gun
- In place of the hand beam cannons, the Hygogg could sport a pair of shell-firing gatling guns.
- Torpedo Launcher
- Four torpedo tubes are mounted in the head.
- Machine Cannon
- Rapid-firing weapons that use live ammunition, they are mounted in the body.
- Hand Missile Unit
- The Hygogg could be equipped with an optional "hand missile unit" on each arm, which featured water-proof panels so that the missiles could be stored when Hygogg travelled under water, and they can be blown away when the missiles are launched.
- Vise Claw
- The Vise Claw features improved efficiency and hand-to-hand combat capabilities thanks to new joints.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hydrojet Booster Pack
- An optional back-mounted booster device used by the MSM-03C Hygogg and MSM-07E Z'Gok-E. This so-called jet pack actually contains a pair of chemical rockets, which the mobile suit uses to launch out of the water and glide to a landing. The expended jet pack is then detached and discarded.
Only limited numbers of the MSM-03C variant were built. In December U.C. 0079, Zeon's Cyclops Team special forces was operating three units of Hygogg to attack an Earth Federation's Antarctic base in an attempt to destroy a prototype mobile suit. The mission failed as the prototype was launched into space before any of the Zeon mobile suits could destroy it. Some Hygogg units would survive the One Year War, and find their way into the hands of various factions in U.C. 0096. They would modify the Hygoggs with different weaponry.
- Hygogg Renato Brothers Custom
Notes & Trivia
- Gundam SEED's UMF-5 ZnO bears a lot of similarities to the Hygogg, designed after it as the Cosmic Era's parallel equivalent.
- A Hygogg made a brief cameo in Gundam Build Fighters as the second unit seen used by the Renatos. Ironically, it was seen after destroying a ZnO, which is the Cosmic Era's parallel equivalent.
- The Hygogg's arms seem to be the base or otherwise have an uncanny resemblance to the large claw-tipped tentacles on the MSN-02MR Hell Zeong Marine used by C in Gundam Build Fighters. This may be intentional as both are amphibious Mobile Suits.
|Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 Mechanics|
RGM-79D GM Cold Climate Type | RGM-79G GM Command | RGM-79GS GM Command Space Type | RGM-79SP GM Sniper II | RX-77D Guncannon Mass Production Type | RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex"
Cold District Use APC
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
63 STS "Ginga" | C-88 Medea
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
LMSD-76 Gray Phantom
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai | MS-09R-2 Rick Dom II | MS-14Jg Gelgoog Jäger | MS-18E Kämpfer | MSM-03C Hygogg | MSM-07E Z'Gok-E
|Ship / Submarine|
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Musai-class Final Production Type | Tivvay-class
RH-35E Riah 35 Draken-E