Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSM-07Di Ze'Gok's left forearm featured a built-in mega particle cannon for easy and precise aiming. The hand also had three-claws which could be used to thrust into the Earth Federation's mobile suits or they could be used to smash things as well. The Ze'Gok also had six 240mm missile launchers built into the head with five rounds per tube.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- The left arm of the MSM-07Di Ze'Gok houses a mega particle cannon retained from the original MSM-07 Z'Gok, which is powered directly from the mobile suit's Minovsky-type ultracompact nuclear fusion reactor. The mega particle cannons is mounted in the palm of its left hand, which would be used to engage threats that are nearby or, in it's actual case, to knock off any remaining parts of the canisters it was carrying.
- 240mm Missile Launcher
- The Ze'Gok retains head-mounted missile launcher from the original MSM-07 Z'Gok, which contains a total of six launchers for a maximum of 30 missiles. Whereas Z'Gok's missiles attacks can be versatile (sea-to-surface or surface-to-surface), Ze'Gok head missiles are restricted to air-to-air attack due to its specialized roles in aerial missions.
- Iron Nail
- Mounted on the ends of the flexible left arm, the Ze'Gok retains the iron mails which was used as close-combat weapons for the original Z'Gok. Its primary function is to get hold the retrieving wire launched from the Gaw atmospheric attack carrier once Ze'Gok completed its mission on Earth.
- Logistics Weapon Container (LWC) Type A
- 73.7 meters
- Width: 17.7 meters
- Height: 20.3 meters
- Payload: 540~670.0 metric tons
- Cargo: Multi-missile Bus
- Armament: 4 x Cruise Missile, 4 x 28-round Rocket Pod
- Cruise Missile
- The LWC can hold a total of 4 cruise missiles, each with 60 meters in length. These large-sized, mid-range air-to-air missiles are capable of destroying Federation's Salamis-class cruisers.
- 28-Round Rocket Pod
- An alternative to large cruise missiles, Ze'Gok LWC can be reconfigured to be armed with a total of 4 large rocket pods for close-to-mid air support, with each pod contains a total of 28 unguided, fin-stabilized rockets. Compare to cruise missiles, the rocket's relatively weak destruction power is more than made up with a rapidly-fired volley for inflicting large-scale damage.
- Logistics Weapon Container Type B
- 73.9 meters
- Width: 22.0 meters
- Height: 18.2 meters
- Payload: 1189.0 metric tons
- Scattering beam cannon unit "Kuhblume"
- 69.7 meters
- Width: 63.5 meters
- Weight: 1188.0 metric tons
- Armament: "Kuhblume" Scattering Beam cannon System
- Designed specifically for Mobile Diver System's Earth-drop descending attack, the Kuhblume mega particle cannons were taken and developed from an unspecified Zeon mobile armor. Its main unit is consisted of a total of 20-tube mega particle cannons being arranged in circular array of 5 4-tube beam cannon sub-units. The mega particle cannons can be adjusted to fire individually-scattered beams or several thick and focused rounds for a maximum duration of 5 seconds or being risk of explosion due to overheating. Kuhblume's mega particle cannon are powered by 5 external-mounted fin-like energy cells which can be extended to act as the unit's stabilizer while the Mobile Diver System is in Earth-bound vertical descending mode.
Special Equipment & Features
- Targeting Antenna Arm
- For Ze'Gok, the original Z'Gok's mega particle cannon/iron nail right arm is replaced with a targeting antenna arm with a retractable sensor unit. Whenever the LWC (Logistics Weapon Container) is activated, the folded antenna arm will swing forward with sensor unit fully extended to collect communication data for LWC's precision targeting.
A space-used variant which was known as MSM-07Di Ze'Gok. designed as a low-orbit, atmospheric-dive mobile suit, designed to intercept any ships shot up from Earth surface. It can be equipped with scattering beam cannons or missile pods. Although it had managed to destroy five Federation ships as they ascended (which would have made Werner an Ace pilot), he was killed by a squadron of FF-X7Bst-II Core Booster II Interceptor Type fighters. Shortly afterward, due to the battlefield shift to space, the Ze'Gok project was scrapped.
Notes and Trivia