Technology & Combat Characteristics
A Gunpla derived from the HGUC 1/144 Hyaku Shiki + Mega Bazooka Launcher with a different color scheme, the Byaku Shiki is both technologically and combat wise the same as its original counterpart. As it is not colored gold it is unknown if the unit lacks the anti-beam reflective coating, or if the white is just for color.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A pair of vulcan guns are located in the Byaku Shiki's head. While not very powerful, they are good for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles or to discourage enemy units from closing in.
- Beam Saber
- Two beam sabers are stored on the Byaku Shiki's rear skirt armor. Despite the Gunpla's white color scheme, the beam sabers are still colored gold.
- Beam Rifle
- The Byaku Shiki carries the same type of beam rifle as used by the standard Hyaku Shiki.
- Clay Bazooka
- A projectile-firing weapon that can fire several different types of ammunition. It is the same type of weapon as used the standard Hyaku Shiki.
Notes & Trivia
- To fit the suit's name, the original Hyaku Shiki's "Hyaku" (百) shoulder mark is changed to "Byaku" (白). Byaku is japanese for white.
- "Byaku Shiki" roughly translates as "White Type", this could be a reference to the unit's white color scheme. Kenta seems to like white as his custom Sazabi is also white in color.
- Byaku Shiki shared its name with the the primary unit that Ichika Orimura piloted in the mecha anime IS <Infinite Stratos>.
- In the OVA, Byaku Shiki has a red shade for its head, however in the P-Bandai Gunpla release, the regular Hyaku Shiki's black shade sticker is given instead.