The MSN-001A1 Delta Plus (aka δ Plus) is a prototype transformable mobile suit and the variant of the MSN-001 Delta Gundam which appears in the novel and OVA Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The unit is piloted by Riddhe Marcenas.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Delta Plus is a variable type mobile suit developed in U.C. 0090, which can serve as an all-purpose attack unit. Its main feature is being able to reenter the atmosphere unassisted thanks to its ability to transform into a waverider mode. This machine is also capable of atmospheric flight under the influence of 1G because of its high thrust output. It is also equipped with a bio-sensor, however, it is less effective than those which were developed by Neo Zeon.
The Delta Plus uses the technology developed in UC 0087 by Anaheim Electronics during the Zeta Project. Due to the Delta Plus being a nonstandard prototype, only a limited number of these units were produced.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits, the beam rifle fires a particle beam that can penetrate any armor not treated with specific counter-measures. The Delta Plus uses the same beam rifle as the RGZ-95 ReZEL, which is powered by a replaceable energy pac, if the energy pac runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one.
- The Delta Plus's shield is a multipurpose weapon. Other than being a defensive armament, it stores multi-purpose grenade launchers, beam sabers, a beam cannon and also doubles as the unit's forward section in waverider mode.
- 2-barrel Grenade Launcher
- Located on the Delta Plus's shield, they can be loaded with various type of ammunitions.
- Beam Cannon
- The beam cannon is mounted on the Delta Plus's shield. It is similar to the beam cannon RGZ-95 ReZEL's shield.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits, it is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through any metal not treated with anti-beam coating. The Delta Plus is equipped with two beam sabers which are stored in its shield. The beam sabers can be used even when stored, and in waverider mode, function as beam guns.
- Beam Magnum
- A weapon borrowed from the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, it is a highly customized beam rifle designed with an energy condenser. The power output in a single shot is the equivalent of 4 regular beam rifle shots at the expense of an entire E-pac. Usage of this weapon however will cause the Delta Plus' arm to become inoperable.
- Long Mega Buster
- A specialized beam rifle with a power output comparable to a beam cannon. The beam of this weapon could destroy an MS with a direct hit. This is the same weapon as that used by the FA-00100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai. Only used in the novel and side stories.
The Delta Plus is based on the MSN-001 δ Gundam, a transformable MS designed during the Gryps Conflict that, because of problems with insufficient frame strength, was completed as the non-transforming MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. CG models of the Delta Gundam exist on the net, though a variant, the MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai was built for demonstration purposes. While Anaheim Electronics was trying various approaches to develop a production model of the Zeta series as a transformable MS, it also simultaneously conducted a reinvestigation of the shelved Delta plan and the Delta Kai, creating the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus as a result. It is said that a few units of the Delta Plus were produced as a limited mass production prototype. As the Delta Plus is a non-standard prototype that is hard to incorporate into a normal team formation, the Delta Plus was assigned to the Nahel Argama in UC 0096, which is likewise a non-standard ship that often operates on its own.
For more information on the Delta Plus' history, please go to Riddhe Marcenas' page.
Notes & Trivia
- Delta is the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 4.
- Initially Delta Plus was equipped with a borrowed FA-00100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai's Mega Buster.
- ↑ DeAGOSTINI Japan: Weekly Gundam Perfect File 031 Delta Plus/Riddhe Marcenas
- MSN-001A1 Delta Plus on Gundam-Unicorn.net (English)
- MSN-001A1 Delta Plus on MAHQ.net
- MSN-01A1 Delta Plus on Gundams Over Germany
|UC 0096 Last Sun Mechanics|
FA-00100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai | FA-007GIII Full Armor Gundam Mk-III | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus | MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai | MSZ-009BX Prototype ZZ Gundam (NITRO) | RGM-86R GM III | RGM-89S Stark Jegan | RIX-00PT GF-Tank | RIX-001 Gundam G-First | RIX-001［GA］ Gundam G-First-DX | RIX-003 Cannongan | RIX-003［GA］ Cannongan-DX | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Neo Zeon | Zeon Remnants|
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-129 Geara Zulu | AMX-009 Dreissen | AMX-014 Döven Wolf | AMX-107 Bawoo | AMX-107R Rebawoo | ATMS-09R Zuom | MS-05B Zaku I (Darmac Barlow Use) | MS-06F Zaku II | RMS-119 EWAC Zack
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Garencieres | Musai-class