MSN-001A1 Delta Plus
|Developed from||MSN-001 Delta Gundam|
|First Seen||0090 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0096 U.C.|
|Operator||Earth Federation Forces|
|Known Pilots||Riddhe Marcenas|
|Head Height||19.6 meters64.304 ft |
|Standard Weight||27.2 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2360 kW3,164.812 hp|
|Sensor Range||16200 meters53,149.606 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Rocket Thrusters||92400 kg203,707.073 lb |
The MSN-001A1 Delta Plus (aka δ Plus) is a prototype transformable mobile suit and the variant of the MSN-001 Delta Gundam which appears in the novel and OVA Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The unit is piloted by Riddhe Marcenas.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Delta Plus is a variable type mobile suit developed in U.C. 0090, which can serve as all-purpose attack unit. Its main feature is being able to reenter the atmosphere unassisted thanks to its ability to transform into a waverider mode. This machine is also capable of atmospheric flight under the influence of 1G because of its high thrust output. It is also equipped with a bio-sensor, however, it is less effective than those which were developed by Neo Zeon .
The Delta Plus uses the technology developed in UC 0087 by Anaheim Electronics during the Zeta Project. Due to the Delta Plus being a nonstandard prototype, only a limited number of these units were produced.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Delta Plus is equipped two beam sabers which are stored in its shield.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The Delta Plus's beam rifle is powered by a rechargeable energy cap, if the energy cap runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one. The Delta Plus's rifle design is taken and improved from the rifle of the RGZ-91 Re-GZ.
- The Delta Plus's shield is a multipurpose weapon. Other than being a defensive armament, it stores multi-purpose grenade launchers, beam sabers, a beam cannon and also doubles as the unit's forward section in waverider mode.
- 2-Barrel Grenade Launcher
- The two-barrel grenade launcher is located on the Delta Plus's shield.
- Beam Cannon
- The beam cannon is mounted on the Delta Plus's shield. It is similar to the RGZ-95 ReZEL's Beam Gun.
The Delta Plus is based on the MSN-001 δ Gundam, a transformable MS designed during the Gryps Conflict that, because of problems with insufficient frame strength, was completed as the non-transforming MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. CG models of the Delta Gundam exist on the net, though a variant, the MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai was built for demonstration purposes. While Anaheim Electronics was trying various approaches to develop a production model of the Zeta series as a transformable MS, it also simultaneously conducted a reinvestigation of the shelved Delta plan and the Delta Kai, creating the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus as a result. It is said that a few units of the Delta Plus were produced as a limited mass production prototype. As the Delta Plus is a non-standard prototype that is hard to incorporate into a normal team formation, the Delta Plus was assigned to the Nahel Argama in UC 0096, which is likewise is a non-standard ship that often operates on its own.
For more information on the Delta Plus' history, please go to Riddhe Marcenas' page.
- Delta is the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 4.
- ↑ DeAGOSTINI Japan: Weekly Gundam Perfect File 031 Delta Plus/Riddhe Marcenas