Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A gunpla Shunsuke Sudou ordered from Minato Sakai for the Gunpla Battle Championship, the Mega-Shiki is based on the MSN-001 Delta Gundam and its descendant, the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. The unit is crafted in detail and has been reinforced for battle, featuring anti-beam coating on its surface like the Hyaku Shiki (although it is not gold-colored) and uses metal parts for its verniers.
The most unique aspect of the Mega-Shiki is its detachable backpack, known as the Mega Ride Launcher. It has powerful thrusters, is equipped with a powerful beam cannon and can change into various forms when separated. The other weaponry of the unit includes a pair of vulcan guns, a beam rifle and a pair of beam swords that have the ability to cut through other beam sabers. Overall, the Mega-Shiki is a unit with high mobility and high firepower.
- Beam Cannon
- Mounted on the front of the Mega Ride Launcher, the beam cannon can be charged for a more powerful high mega cannon-class beam shot. This charged beam is large enough to engulf and destroy a mobile suit in one single shot. The cannon can be used while the Mega Ride Launcher is attached to the Mega-Shiki's back or when it is separated.
- Beam Rifle
- The suit's primary handheld ranged beam weaponry, it is the same beam rifle as the one used by MSN-001 Delta Gundam. When not in use, the beam rifle could be stored on the Mega Ride Launcher backpack.
- Beam Sword
- Stored on the wings at the back, the pair of beam swords are the suit's main close combat weapons and they emit yellow beam blades in the shape of a katana blade. These beam swords are powerful enough to pierce/slice through AMX-104GG R-Gyagya's sturdy shields, and using particle transformation, can cut through other beam sabers.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of vulcan guns have a high-rate of fire but little penetrating power. They can however damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors and are ideal for intercepting incoming missiles or enemy units at close range.
Special Equipment & Features
- Anti-Beam Coating
- A special coating applied to Mega-Shiki's armor, it provides the suit with limited defense against weak ranged beam attacks.
- Mega Ride Launcher
- A detachable backpack, its appearance is similar to a miniaturized FXA-08R Mega Rider but with foldable wings at the sides. When attached to the Mega-Shiki, the Mega Ride Launcher serves as the suit's main propulsion system, increasing its speed as well as mobility, and provides it with the use of the beam cannon and a pair of beam swords. When separated, it can transform into a Mega Flyer, a Mega Rider, or a Mega Launcher. The Mega Flyer is the high speed flight form, whereby the wings are unfolded and deployed. In this form, a mobile suit can be towed by grabbing onto a handle mounted on the undercarriage. The Mega Rider is the Mega Flyer without the wings. The Mega Launcher is the cannon form, and is equivalent to the Mega Bazooka Launcher. In this form, the Mega Ride Launcher's back folds down and it is positioned in front of the suit where it is held by two handles at the sides in a manner similar to the Mega Bazooka Launcher. The Mega Launcher can fire a very large and devastating beam from the beam cannon, but it cannot fire in rapid succession.
Notes & Trivia
- The Mega Ride Launcher's landing gears are modified from the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam's side skirt and knee armor.