Technology & Combat Characteristics
While the MSN-02 Perfect Zeong was meant to allow the Zeong to fight under Earth's gravity, the Zeong High Mobility Type was a space-use only version, omitting the legs, which were more of a hindrance in space combat, and instead increasing its speed and mobility with a pair of large, wing-like back-mounted boosters, for added weaponry two plasma leaders were stored in compartments on the boosters.
- Wire-guided 5-barrel Mega Particle Gun
- The forearms of the MSN-02R Zeong High Mobility Type can be detached from the main body and remotely maneuvered with micro thrusters at built into their base. The forearms are guided by thick wires that communicate the Newtype pilot's thoughts via the psycommu system. Each of the Zeong's forearms are in essence powerful mega particle guns with five barrels each built into the fingers. The five barrels on both arms are fire-linked, so each time one of the arm weapons fire a total of five beams are emitted, ten if both mega particle guns fire. This large amount of beams, combined with the remote weapons' ability to create all-range attacks, creates a powerful spread of beams that is nearly impossible to avoid and can destroy multiple machines.
- Mega Particle Gun
- There are two fire-linked mega particle guns mounted in the torso of the mobile suit.
- Mega Particle Gun
- Mounted in the head of the mobile suit is a single mega particle gun. This mega particle gun can fire at least one shot while the head is detached, indicating that there is some sort of energy capacitor that holds a limited charge so that the Zeong's head can use attacks while retreating.
- Plasma Leaders
- Stored in compartments on the wing binders are two "plasma leaders", which were a big improvement over the original leader weapon used on the MAX-03 Adzam. They would open up, deploy around a target, and emit electrical plasma that would overload a mobile suit's systems and electronics.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycommu System
- During the One Year War, the researchers of the Flanagan Institute discover that Newtypes emit powerful thoughtwaves - similar to regular brainwaves, but not electrical in nature - which they call psycho-waves. The Flanagan Institute goes on to develop a mind-machine interface called the psycommu (psycho-communicator) system, which receives these thoughtwaves and translates them into computer commands. Using this interface a Newtype pilot can direct remote weapons, and operate huge mobile armors, by thought alone.
- Detachable Head
- The head of the Zeong High Mobility Type was its cockpit, the head can detach from the main body and be used as an escape pod.
- In 2003, B-Club, a division of Bandai, released a 1/100 Zeong High Mobility Conversion Kit for adding to the existing MG Zeong kit.