The MSN-03 Jagd Doga (ヤクト·ドーガ) is a Newtype-use mobile suit featured in Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack. It is piloted by Gyunei Guss and Quess Paraya. The Sleeve-customized version is piloted by Zechst Ade as seen on Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: The Noble Shroud manga.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based on the frame of the mass-produced AMS-119 Geara Doga, the Jagd Doga was a special suit designed to be used by the Neo Zeon’s Newtype pilots. For this reason, it was equipped with a psycoframe cockpit, which is used to control the six funnels stored on the Jagd Doga’s shoulder racks. It was developed using data from the evaluation tests of the AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type and the AMS-119N Röte Doga. Unlike previous mobile suits that utilize funnel weapons, the Jagd Doga cannot recharge its funnels. Besides these remote weapons, the suit carried a beam saber with attached heat knife for close combat, six missiles mounted behind its shoulder racks and a beam assault rifle for Gyunei's unit, while Quess' unit carried a mega Gatling beam gun.
The Jagd Doga's sensors, thrusters, and nuclear reactor have also been significantly improved compared to those on Geara Doga. As a result, it has greater speed and mobility, and more power for its weapons and other systems. In terms of performance, the Jagd Doga was the second most powerful mobile suit in the Second Neo Zeon's arsenal, second only to the MSN-04 Sazabi.
In the year U.C. 0096, the surviving Quess' Jagd Doga was repaired and modified by The Sleeves for their own use. Its right arm, which was previously lost during the Second Neo Zeon War, was replaced by a Geara Doga's arm. This arm has a shield mounted onto it for extra protection. However, it loses the right arm's funnel rack because of this. Other modifications include a Geara Doga's backpack replacing its original one, two funnels for its remaining funnel rack, and it was repainted yellow and dark gray and given the personal markings of units used by The Sleeves.
- Beam Saber
- A beam saber is stored in the Jagd Doga's right hip armor, and serves as its primary close combat weapon. The beam saber generates a beam of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any metal alloy that has not been treated to resist it.
- Heat Knife
- The Jagd Doga's beam saber is unique in having a removable heat knife attached to its handle. The heat knife is a small blade that can be superheated to melt and cut through enemy's armor.
- Three missiles can be fired from the missile launcher located behind each shoulder rack, for a total of six missiles. The missiles could deal moderate to heavy damage to a mobile suit, but can only deal light damage to a battleship.
- One of the Jagd Doga's more powerful features is its Newtype-use remote controlled weapons. The six funnels are stored on the two shoulder racks, each funnel has a power rating of 10.6 MW, and can easily destroy mobile suits or nuclear missiles. The Jagd Doga's funnels are the same as those used by the MSN-04 Sazabi, but they cannot be reused due to a lack of recharge port on the mobile suit. Instead, once the funnels ran out of power they were discarded and left to float in space. The Sleeves' Jagd Doga only has two funnels stored on the left shoulder rack.
- Fixed Shield
- Used by The Sleeves' Jagd Doga, it is a shield mounted on the right shoulder. The shield originates from Geara Doga, and increases the defensive capability of the suit.
- Beam Assault Rifle
- A handheld weapon used by Gyunei Guss's Jagd Doga, it is a beam rifle that can be fired in full-auto or semi-auto mode. Powered by a rechargeable energy cap, it is lighter and easier to wield than a standard beam rifle.
- Grenade launcher
- The beam assault rifle mounts a grenade launcher that holds one round. The grenade is not very effective against large ships, but is ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Mega Gatling Gun
- A handheld weapon used by Quess Paraya's Jagd Doga, it a beam gun with four revolving barrels and can rapid fire beam shots for a longer period of time. Also known as 'Beam Gatling Gun', it is powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- Beam Machine Gun
- A handheld weapon originally used by the AMS-119 Geara Doga, it is powered by a replaceable e-pac. The beam machine gun was used by The Sleeves' Jagd Doga.
- The Jagd Doga is equipped with a custom round shield. The shield is treated with an anti-beam coating to temporarily defend against beam weapons. It is also designed to draw energy from the Jagd Doga to power the four built-in mega particle guns.
- Mega Particle Gun
- Mounted in the shield, the four mega particle guns draw power from the Jagd Doga's reactor and has a power rating of 9.3 MW. The power and spread of the beams from the mega particle guns are both powerful and difficult to evade, making them an effective weapon against both mobile suits and battleships.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Psycoframe is a technology that builds the brainwave-to-machine code translator known as Psycommu into the cockpit of a Mobile Suit. This allows a Newtype pilot to control the mobile suit as if it were his/her own body.
Only two units are confirmed to be built. The first unit, which spots a dark blue color and an antenna on its head, was piloted by artificial enhanced cyber-Newtype Gyunei Guss. With his unit he fought three times against Amuro Ray, who the first time piloted the prototype RGZ-91 Re-GZ and the second and third time his own RX-93 Nu Gundam. However during the third battle his Jagd Doga was destroyed by Amuro and Gyunei was killed. The second unit, painted red, was piloted by the artificially strengthened Newtype Quess Paraya. Quess however is later upgraded to the large mobile armor, the NZ-333 Alpha Azieru.
In the year U.C. 0096, Quess' Jagd Doga has been repaired and modified for combat during the La+ Conflict. It's right arm, previously lost during the Second Neo Zeon War, was replaced by a Geara Doga arm, which uses the same basic frame, it was also armed with the Beam Machine Gun used by the Geara Doga, and only carried two funnels. This unit was piloted by Full Frontal's Royal Guard pilot Zechst Ade and was sent into battle against Londo Bell forces during the Battle of Industrial 7.
- MSN-X4 Bagwi Doga
- Mass Production Type Jagd Doga
- An original mobile suit that appears in the early Super Robot Wars games. The Mass Production Type Jagd Doga looks similar to Quess' unit but has a green color scheme instead of a red one and utilizes weapons similar to Gyunei's unit.
- MSN-03SL Jagd Doga Thorn
- Appearing in Gundam Build Divers, it is a custom Gunpla piloted by the force Hyakki's Rose. Based on Sleeves' Jagd Doga, it features a rose color scheme, has three funnels instead of two, and its handheld weapon is changed to the Fedayeen Rifle used by the RX-110 Gabthley.
Notes & Trivia
- Although Gyunei's Jagd Doga is shown to have vulcan guns in its head in the movie, they were never listed in the official armament list of the suit.
|Under the Gundam: Double-Fake Mechanics|
|Monotone Mouse Company|
J Gundam | Junior Mobile Suit | Petite Mobile Suit
Middle Mobile Suit | MWS-19051G D Gundam "First" | MWS-19051G-2 D Gundam "Second"
|Earth Federation Forces|
Gundam Kazaki Custom | MSA-003 Nemo | MSA-004K Nemo III | MSA-008 Bar-GM | Nemo Kai | RGD-X1 GD Striker | RGD-X2 GD Cannon | RGD-X3 GD Burstliner | RGM-89B Jegan Custom | RGX-D3 D Gundam "Third" | RGX-D4 D Gundam "Fourth" | RMS-179 GM II
Musai-class | Salamis-class
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMX-002 Gaza-B | AMX-003S Gaza-C Custom | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type Land Use | AMX-012 Guza | AMX-013 Zssa Dain | AMX-016 Gaza-W | AMX-102C Zssa Kai | AMX-121 Quel Doga | Doga | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-X4 Bagwi Doga
|Char's Counterattack Mechanics|
|Londo Bell/Earth Federation Forces|
RGM-86R GM III | RGM-88X Jeddah | RGM-89 Jegan | RGZ-91 Re-GZ | RX-93 ν Gundam | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Base Jabber | Booster Bed
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Clop-class | Ra Cailum | Salamis Kai-class
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-119 Geara Doga | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-03-2 Psyco Geara Doga | MSN-04 Sazabi | MSN-04II Nightingale | MSN-04X Sazabi Test Prototype | NZ-222 Psyco Doga | RMS-116H Hobby Hizack
| Mobile Armour|
NZ-333 α Azieru
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Camouflaged Launch | Shackles
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Musaka-class | Rewloola-class
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Tien Lu | Tug Boat
|Transporter / Supply Ship|