Technology & Combat Characteristics
Built from the data obtained from both the MSN-04 Sazabi and RX-93 ν Gundam, the Sinanju Stein is a prototype mobile suit developed as part of the Earth Federation Space Forces reorganization plan known as the "UC Project." The Sinanju Stein is developed by Anaheim Electronics to test the sensitivity and sturdiness of the Psycoframe that would be implemented into the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. Its movable frame is partly made from psycoframe material and is equipped with a Psycommu system. It is equipped with the "Intention Automatic System", which functions by using the Psycoframe's sensitivity to the pilot's thought-waves to directly affect behavior of the mobile suit. It could not be handled by regular pilots as it was designed to push the limits of psycoframe performance.
The Sinanju boasts high mobility and features six boosters on its back, in which the unit is capable of achieving precise movements at high speeds. Because of the circumstances behind its development, the Unicorn Gundam is the equivalent of a "brother" unit to the Sinanju Stein.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A basic armament found on many Federation mobile suits. While not very powerful and typically unable to penetrate mobile suit armor, the vulcan gun is useful in intercepting missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored targets such as tanks and small aircraft.
- Beam Saber/Beam Tonfa
- Stored within each forearm, the beam sabers can be handheld or be deployed directly as the storage cover is lifted. In this latter form, they are known as beam tonfa. Sinanju retains this mechanism while Unicorn Gundam has a modified version.
- High Beam Rifle
- Similar to the FA-93HWS v Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type's, this weapon is presumed to have similar range and power.
- The Sinanju Stein's defensive armament. It shares an appearance with that of the RX-93 ν Gundam's shield.
- Beam Cannon
- The shield of the Sinanju Stein is equipped with a Beam Cannon.
- Sinanju Stein's shield also houses four missiles.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tank
- Mounted on the back, the pair of tanks increase the amount of fuel the suit can carry, thus increasing its operational flight time. When the fuel is depleted, the tanks can be ejected to decrease mass.
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Psycoframe is a technology that builds the brainwave-to-machine code translator known as Psycommu into the atom-level of the metal frame of a Mobile Suit. This allows a Newtype pilot to mentally connect with their mobile suits operating system, similar to the bio-sensor, and input commands direct from the mind via brainwaves. The technology is incomplete and many commands must still be imputed via traditional controls. Arguably, a mobile suit with a psycoframe and Newtype pilot will have a greater response time than an ordinary suit and pilot.
- Intention Automatic System
Stealing the Sinanju Stein
The Sinanju Stein is based upon the MSN-04 Sazabi and RX-93 ν Gundam, it was created by Anaheim Electronics to aid in development of the new NT-D System. The resulting data was used by Anaheim to complete the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. In UC 0094, the Sinanju Stein was stolen (disguised as a transfer) by the remnants of Neo Zeon, "The Sleeves", who modified it into the MSN-06S Sinanju and it was used as the personal machine of their leader, Full Frontal.
For more information on the Sinanju Stein's history, please go to Full Frontal's page.
Notes & Trivia
- The Sinanju's named is derived from a fictional style of martial arts that came from a paperback book series known as "The Destroyer".
- Stein means "stone" in German and Norwegian. The Sinanju Stein is referred to as "The stone from which Full Frontal's Sinanju was hewn."
- ↑ Playstation 3, Mobile Suit Gundam UC Episode 0: The War After the War
|Earth Federation/Londo Bell|
MSN-001 Delta Gundam | RGM-89D Jegan D Type | RGM-89DEW EWAC Jegan | RGZ-95 ReZEL (Defenser b-Unit) | RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex | RX-160S-2 Byarlant Custom 02
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMS-119C Geara Doga (Full Frontal Use) | AMX-014 Döven Wolf | AMX-107R Rebawoo | MSN-06S Sinanju Stein | YAMS-130 Krake Zulu
| Mobile Suit|
ARX-014 Silver Bullet | ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type)
| Mobile Suit|
MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai | MSN-06S Sinanju Stein