MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai
|Developed from||MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki|
|First Seen||0087 U.C.|
|Operator||Anti-Earth Union Group|
|Overall Height||19.2 meters62.992 ft |
|Head Height||18.5 meters60.696 ft |
|Max Weight||39.2 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||63.6 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2015 kW2,702.159 hp|
|Sensor Range||11500 meters37,729.659 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Armor||Gundarium γ Alloy|
|Max Acceleration||1.47 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||78500 kg173,062.827 lb |
Technolog & Combat Characteristics
The Hyaku Shiki Kai is an improved variant of the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. Modifications include improved flexible wing binders and more powerful thrusters. It also features shoulder-mounted weapons such as beam gatling guns and head-mounted pulse laser guns.
- Beam Gatling gun
- A shoulder-mounted, gatling-style beam weapon capable of a high-rate of fire. While the weapon is capable of unleashing a torrent of beam fire, individual shots are relatively weak as they are seen to only chip away at the armor.
- Pulse Laser Gun
- Replace the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's 60mm Vulcan Gun is a pair of head-mounted Pulse Laser Gun. It can ward off advancing fast-moving targets with a high-rate of fire (Like missles, or even destroy a mobile suit).
- Grenade Launcher Unit
- The Hyaku Shiki Kai mounts mounts a grenade launcher unit loaded with small rocket propelled grenades that used to attack enemy's mobile suits.
- BR-M-87 Beam Rifle
- The Hyaku Shiki carries a unique beam rifle derived from Rick-Dias' beam pistol, power rated at 2.8 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Hyaku Shiki Kai is equipped with one beam saber.
Though only a single Hyaku Shiku was built, Anaheim Electronics further developed MS based on the machine known as MSR-100 (MSR-00100) Hyaku Shiki Kai (also called MSR-100S (MSR-00100S) Hyaku Shiki Kai). While it's unclear how many Hyaku Shiki Kai were produced, there are several variations of the machine. In the Char's Return (1998) game book, one Hyaku Shiki Kai unit was assigned to the Londo Bell flagship Nahel Argama in UC 0090.
Notes & Trivia
- "Kai" is Japanese Kanji character "改". In English means "Modified".
- Quattro in some games upgrades to this from the normal Hyaku Shiki and occasionally to the FA variant.