MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam
|Developed from||RX-178 Gundam Mk-II|
|First Seen||0087 U.C.|
|Operator||Anti-Earth Union Group|
|Head Height||19.6 meters64.304 ft |
|Max Weight||52.1 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||29.9 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor|
|Power Output||1790 kW2,400.429 hp|
|Sensor Range||14000 meters45,931.759 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso|
|Max Acceleration||1.90 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||99000 kg218,257.578 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
To test the newly designed transformable frame concept of Project Zeta , three MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundams was made; each with a different head. While these machines can transform, there is too much metal fatigue on the frame. This problem was corrected by Kamille Bidan , a Newtype teenager, incorporating innovations of that time such as the "movable frame" concept extracted by the Anti Earth Union Group from the Titans ' RX-178 Gundam Mk-II project (headed by Franklin Bidan ), and the Gundarium gamma alloy used in the RMS-099 Rick Dias ; thus the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam was made.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam's beam rifle is powered by a rechargeable energy cap, if the energy cap runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one.
- The MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam's defensive armament, able to defend the MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam against both beam and physical attacks.
Before the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam was created, three faulty prototypes were built. Technically, all three units were the same machine, but each unit had a different head design. The MSZ-006-X1 has a head similar to the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki , MSZ-006-X2 featured a head borrowing it's look from the RMS-099 Rick Dias's head and MSZ-006-X3 used a head similar in comparison to the MSA-003 Nemo's head.For combat,those units was armed with a beam rifle similar to MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's beam rifle and a shield similar to the one was used by MSN-001 Delta Gundam
- The Prototype Z Gundam's name is derived from "Zeta", which is the sixth letter of the Greek Alphabet - which may be reference to its model number.
- MSZ-006-X1 Prototype Z Gundam X1 on MAHQ.net
- MSZ-006-X2 Prototype Z Gundam X2 on MAHQ.net
- MSZ-006-X3 Prototype Z Gundam X3 on MAHQ.net