MSZ-006C1 Zeta Plus C1
|Developed from||MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1|
|First Seen||0088 U.C.|
|Operator||Earth Federation Forces|
|Known Pilots||Sigman Shade|
|Overall Height||22.11 meters72.539 ft |
870.472 in (MS mode)
|Head Height||19.86 meters65.157 ft |
|Wingspan||23.54 meters77.231 ft|
|Max Weight||77.04 metric tons
|Standard Weight||36.18 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2070 kW2,775.916 hp|
|Sensor Range||17000 meters55,774.278 ft
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Armor||Gundarium γ alloy composite|
|Max Acceleration||1.61 G
|Rocket Thrusters||4 x 18600 kg41,005.969 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Inspired by the success of the MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1, The AEUG further develops and redesigns the MSZ-006A1 in the form of the C1 type. Designed primarily to fly up to extreme altitudes into space, The MSZ-006C1 Ζeta Plus C1 was equipped with updated cooling systems, Ram hybrid jet/rocket engines that were capable of adapting to any type of environment, and was fitted with a new backpack component equipped with four additional thrusters. However, this unit retained the wing binders of the A1 type, discarding the flying armor concept of the prototype Zeta Gundam, allowing this version of the Zeta Plus to perform atmospheric entry with precise calibration.
The MSZ-006C1 Ζ Plus C1's offensive capabilities were increased with the addition of a powerful Beam smartgun, which was integrated into a flight sub unit that contained a small generator and energy CAP system, With the option of equipping a coaxial disc radome for long-range attacks. Hand-carried in mobile suit form, The Beam smartgun served as the unit's nose when assuming its Waverider form. Propellant tanks could also be attached to the wing binders, giving the Zeta Plus the ability to descend to the lunar surface and then launch back into space.
- Vulcan Gun
- Two 60mm chain guns are stored on the sides of the Ζeta Plus C1's head. Having a high rate of fire, these weapons are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hit other fast moving targets. They are primarily used as anti-aircraft and anti-personnel weapons.
- Hip Beam Cannon
- A pair of Beam Cannons are mounted to the thigh sections of the Ζeta Plus C1, and in wave rider mode these serve as the Zeta Plus C1's main armaments.
- Beam Saber
- Beam sabers are standard equipment on all Federation MS. The beam sabers use Minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material.
- Beam Smart Gun
- The Beam Smart Gun is an advanced type of high powered beam rifle. The Beam Smart Gun features a particle deflecting system at the muzzle that can bend the output beam by up to 20 degrees. The Beam smart gun is able to rapid fire at high power briefly. The Beam Smart Gun has two energy intakes that can be linked to the movable frame hard point of the Mobile Suit. The Zeta C1's smartgun is integrated with its shield
Special Equipment & Features
- Disk Radome
- The Disk Radome device is set parallel to the Beam Smart Guns sensor unit and can perform a wide area scan. The main function of it is to provide specific location of multiple enemies on the field.
Two units are assigned to Task Force Alpha during the Pezun Rebellion. On March 1, U.C. 0088, Zeta Plus pilots Tex West and Sigman Shade escort the booster-equipped S Gundam in its attack on the power satellite SOL 7804, and they fight alongside the Ex-S Gundam throughout the battle for Ayers City. During the final battle with the New Desides on April 4, Tex West is reassigned to operate the G-Bomber and his Zeta Plus is transferred to former Nero pilot Chung Yung. Although Chung Yung’s machine is destroyed in combat, Sigman Shade successfully enters the atmosphere and his Zeta Plus is recovered intact.
- The Zeta Plus C1's name is derived from "Zeta", which is the sixth letter of the Greek Alphabet - which may be reference to its model number.