Technology & Combat Characteristics
A transformable Mobile Suit from Project Zeta, based on the previous MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam. Seemingly rugged in appearance compared to the Zeta Gundam, The Rapier's back also featured a long binder system similar to the Z Gundam. The development team of this unit had also cited references to the Zeta Plus series during the design process. Both sides of the Rapier's waist were equipped with beam cannons attached to binders which were also featured on the Rick Dias. It was also equipped with a 30mm vulcan system, a beam rifle with grenade launcher, and a pair of Beam Sabers.
- 30mm Vulcan Phalanx Anti-missile Gun System
- A standard armament of the mobile suits in this era. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle are can damage any ordinary armor that has not be specially treated to resist it.
- Grenade Launcher
- The beam rifle can optionally be fitted with an underslung grenade launcher, which can fire a variety of grenades. These grenades are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Mobile Suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Z Rapier I is equipped with two beam sabers stored in recharge rack on the hips.
- Beam Cannon
- Two Beam Cannons are equipped on the binders of Z Rapier I. The power of this weapon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, and they can completely destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam.
The Rapier I was a transformable test unit based on the frame of the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam and was also built around a movable frame capable of transforming into a "Waverider" mode. The design team behind the RMS-099 Rick Dias was also responsible for creating this machine, and so the Z Rapier I features similar technology of the Rick Dias series, and even Zeta Plus series. It has not been ascertained whether this machine was completed, as development was halted during the Pezun Rebellion and focus was shifted to the MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam. But its data was used by Anaheim Electronics to develop the MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam.
- Eta (η; Greek: Ήτα Ēta) is the seventh letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 8.
|Gundam Wars Series Original Mechanics|
Epsy Gundam | Nero Trainer | ORX-013 Gundam Mark V Amuro Ray Type | ORX-013S Gundam Mk-VS Augusta Test Colors | Prototype Nero | RX-139 Hambrabi Mk-Ib "Vampire" | RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" | RX-272-2 Gundam Mk-III "Halpuley"
| Mobile Suit|
Anaheim Type "Hyaku" | Hyaku Ichi Shiki | MSA-003 Nemo High Maneuver | MSA-005M Methuss Mariner | MSA-014 Σ Gundam | MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSZ-006A1B Zeta Plus A1B | MSZ-006BN Zeta Plus BN | MSZ-007 Z Rapier I | MSZZ-000 "ZZ-Zwei"
| Mobile Suit|