MSZ-013 Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam
|Developed from||MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam|
|First Seen||0088 U.C.|
|Operator||Anti Earth Union Group|
|Head Height||18.50 meters60.696 ft |
|Max Weight||53.5 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||29.2 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2210 kW2,963.659 hp|
|Sensor Range||11300 meters37,073.491 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Max Acceleration||1.82 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||97500 kg214,950.645 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A scale down version of ZZ Gundam, the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam use the same body frame, but was redesigned to remove the Core Block System and the transformation function, and feature a head that resemblance the MSA-003 Nemo. The generator was also weaker, which made this the biggest flaw of the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam. The high mega cannon also had lower power output compared to the original unit (though this weapon can only firing a limited number of shot, put a heavy toll on the Suit). Other than that, this Mobile Suit has quite a large weapon set: head-mounted Vulcan Gun, Beam Rifle, Beam Saber, Missile Pod and Launcher, and a Beam Cannon.
- 50mm Vulcan Gun
- As with all mobile suits that trace their linage back to the RX-78-2 Gundam, the Mass Production Type ZZ features a head mounted vulcan gun system. The purpose of the vulcan guns is to serve as a mid-close range defensive weapon. While it can normally do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, serving much better as a means to shoot down incoming missiles. The vulcan guns as an offensive weapon for small lightly-armored targets such as ground combat vehicles or attack helicopters.
- High Mega Cannon
- Mounted in the center of the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's head is a high mega cannon. Although weaker than the original, its still once of the most powerful beam weapon used by a mobile suit mobile suits ever. The power of the high mega cannon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, or destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam. However despite being a powerful weapon, its power is also a weakness as the Mass Production Type ZZ's fusion reactor is unable to handle repeated usage of the high mega cannon.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. Like most beam weapons of the period, Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's Beam Rifle is powered by a replaceable energy cap. If the beam rifle runs out of energy, the current energy cap can be removed and replaced by a new one.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Mas Production Tye ZZ Gundam is equipped with two beam sabers stored in backpack recharge racks that are taken from the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II's design.
- Missle Pod
- Further adding to the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's offensive capabilities is a pair of waist-mounted missile pods. The missiles themselves are on a similar scale to warship missiles, with a single missile having the potential to destroy a mobile suit. The launchers themselves are allowed a bit of mobility on the hip skirts, but are largely cumbersome with respect to the unit's arms. In the same fashion as the unit's other missile pods, this pod can be ejected at any time to increase the unit's mobility.
- Hand Grenade Launcher
- On the hands of Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam mount a pair of Hand Grenade Launchers, which possesses minor offensive capabilities. These small missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Weapon Pod
- The Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam can mounts two weapon pod as optional equipment. It consists of 3-tube Missle Launcher, and Beam Cannons. These Weapon Pods can be ejected from the unit to increase the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's speed.
- 3-tube missle launcher
- Like the ZZ Gundam, the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam uses a pair of 3-tube Missile Launchers on its Weapon Pods. Each missile launcher possesses 21-tubes that are loaded with AMA-13S small missiles. Although much smaller than a bazooka or grenade round, these can destroy light-to-medium armored targets with ease. In the same fashion as the unit's other missile pods, this pod can be ejected at any time to increase the unit's mobility.
- Beam Cannon
- The Beam Cannon is, essentially, a large Beam Rifle. The Beam Cannon of Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam is mounts on the Weapon Pods, and it directly linked to the MS's generator. While not as powerful as the High Mega Cannon, the Beam Cannons packs more than enough power to destroy a normal MS with one shot, or damage a heavy-armored Battleships.
Anaheim Electronics also planned to mass produce the ΖΖ Gundam as the MSZ-013 Mass Production Type ΖΖ Gundam.While the design is incredibly powerful when compared with other mass production MS, it suffered from the same power generator problem the ZZ Gundam had and mass production never happened. Only four examples were constructed before production was postponed.