Technology & Combat Characteristics
A scaled down version of ZZ Gundam, the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam use the same body frame, but was redesigned to remove the Core Block System and the transformation function, and feature a head that resembled the MSA-003 Nemo, which interestingly, despite being a Gundam, lacks a v-fin. The generator was also weaker, which made this the biggest flaw of the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam. The high mega cannon also had lower power output compared to the original unit (though this weapon can only firing a limited number of shot, which puts a heavy toll on the Suit). Other than that, this Mobile Suit has quite a large weapon set: head-mounted Vulcan Guns, Beam Rifle, Beam Sabers, Missile Pods, Grenade Launchers, and Beam Cannons.
- 50mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- High Mega Cannon
- Mounted in the center of the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's head is a high mega cannon. Although weaker than the original, its still one of the most powerful beam weapon used by a mobile suit ever. The power of the high mega cannon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, or destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam. However despite being a powerful weapon, its power is also a weakness as the Mass Production Type ZZ's fusion reactor is unable to handle repeated usage of the high mega cannon.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Mass Production Tye ZZ Gundam is equipped with two beam sabers stored on the right hip armor.
- Missile Pod
- Further adding to the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's offensive capabilities are back-mounted missile pods. The missiles themselves are on a similar scale to warship missiles, with a single missile having the potential to destroy a mobile suit.
- Hand Grenade Launcher
- Mounted on each of the forearms are a pair of Grenade Launchers, which only possess minor offensive capabilities. These small missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Weapon Pod
- The Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam can mount two weapon pods as optional equipment. They each consist of a 3-tube Missile Launcher and Beam Cannon. These Weapon Pods can be ejected from the unit to increase the Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam's speed.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- The Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam uses a pair of 3-tube Missile Launchers on its Weapon Pods.
- Beam Cannon
- The Beam Cannon is, essentially, a large Beam Rifle. The Beam Cannons of Mass Production Type ZZ Gundam are mounted on the Weapon Pods, and are directly linked to the MS's generator. While not as powerful as the High Mega Cannon, the Beam Cannons possess more than enough power to destroy a normal MS with one shot, or damage heavy-armored Battleships.
Anaheim Electronics also planned to mass-produce the ΖΖ Gundam as the MSZ-013 Mass Production Type ΖΖ Gundam. While the design is incredibly powerful when compared with other mass production MS, it suffered from the same power generator problem the ZZ Gundam had and mass production never happened. Only four examples were constructed before production was postponed.