Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Astray 0 Custom is a modified model of the MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray JG Custom, and is made to resemble MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame. Lukas O'Donnell admires the suit's pilot and gives him the IWSP pack from his Strike E. The IWSP pack is later modified by the unknown pilot and besides the anti-ship swords, the 105mm cannons and the 115mm railguns, it also has two Gatling shields with additional thrusters and the combined shield has been modified into a double Gatling shield. Other armaments of the suit includes four "Pardus" 3-barrel missile launchers, a double grenade launcher and an enhanced beam rifle.
- 9.1 Meter Anti-Ship Sword
- Developed based on the Sword Striker's "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78 meter anti-ship, a pair of them is stored in sheaths next to the lower wings of the IWSP pack. These swords are slightly shorter and do not posses a beam or laser blade emitter so as reduce energy usage.
- 105mm Cannon
- 115mm Railgun
- A pair of 115mm railguns is mounted on the IWSP pack, above the 105mm cannons. Railguns are powerful weapons that use electromagnetism and sliding bars to rapidly accelerate projectiles. It mounts sensors on the barrel for high precision shooting.
- Gatling Shield
- A new addition to the IWSP, a Gatling shield is positioned next to each 115mm railgun. Besides improving the suit's firepower, the Gatling shields also has extra thrusters to enhance the suit's mobility.
- Double Gatling Shield
- Modified from the IWSP's Combined Shield, the beam boomerang has been removed and the number of Gatling guns have been doubled to increase the weapon's ranged attack capability.
- "Pardus" 3-barrel Missile Launcher
- Mounted on each leg and shoulder, they allow the suit to fire a rain of missiles to destroy enemy units.
- Double Grenade launcher
- Mounted on the suit's left thigh, the grenades are moderately powerful self-propelling explosives that are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Enhanced Beam rifle
- An enhanced version of the Type 71 beam rifle, it is connected to what seems to be a hip-mounted generator via a cable.
The Civilian Astray 0 Custom is one of the MS among Lukas O'Donnell's rebel mobile suit squad. The design is actually from the winner of a Dengeki Hobby Magazine competition, where the winning model kit would receive a cameo appearance in the Frame Astrays story.