Master Asia (マスターアジア Masutāajia?) is the primary alias of Gundam Fighter Shuuji Kurosu (シュウジ・クロス?), a fictitious character in the animated television series Mobile Fighter G Gundam. Master Asia is Domon Kasshu's teacher, and the former King of Hearts of the Shuffle Alliance. In the latter half of the series he is more commonly referred to by his other alias, Undefeated of the East (東方不敗 Tohofuhai?).
Master Asia, or rather Shuuji Kurosu fought in the 7th Gundam Fight as the Gundam Fighter for Neo Japan using Yamato Gundam as seen in the manga of the same name. Shuuji fights the individual members of the-then-to-be Shuffle Alliance in the Gyuana Highlands. After his battles with them they become friends and come to the rescue of Neo Germany's Gundam Fighter, Wolf Heinrich, who is being unfairly attacked by both Delos Argos and Hell Snake's Gundams at once. After they are defeated Shuuji faces off with Heinrich and ultimately fails to defeat him due to the mirage like abilities of Wolf's Gundam. Afterwards Wolf Heinrich and Shuuji go to the Gyuana Highlands to train and compete. Here Shuuji refines Tohoufuhai and develops the Sekiha Tenkyoken. Wolf and Shuuji have an exchange as friendly rivals and promise to face each other in the Gundam Fight finals.
A man by the name of Dr. Chaos, leading a terrorist force of the same name, creates a force of Death Army machines and gigantic Mobile Armor which he attempts to use to disrupt the Gundam Fight. The Shuffle Alliance, with the newfound power of their Shuffle Crests fights against him and he is defeated by Shuuji. Unfortunately, as this happened right in the middle of the finals Shuuji and company are de facto disqualified due to their failure to reach the designated country by the appointed time, and Wolf Heinrich becomes the champion of the Gundam Fight. Because of this Shuuji is dismissed as the Gundam Fighter of Neo Japan and choses to leave and instead become the Gundam Fighter of Neo Hong Kong assuming the name of Master Asia.
Meeting Domon Kasshu and the 12th Gundam Fight
In the Gundam Fights that followed Master Asia perfected his style and in F.C. 48 he adopted the eight year-old boy Domon Kasshu as his student. Domon had run away from home and snuck on board a ship carrying Master Asia, admiring him and seeking to learn his skills. Master Asia decided to shelter him and agreed to teach him Tohoufuhai.
The champion of the 9th through 11th Gundam Fight was Neo England's Gentle Chapman. Dismayed by the shift from martial arts to beam weapons as a result of Gentle Chapman's victories, Master Asia used GF13-001NH Kowloon Gundam and Tohoufuhai and succeeded in proving the power of martial arts with his victory in the 12th Gundam Fight. In his years as a Gundam Fighter, Master Asia watched the Earth continue to decay and battles between Gundam Fighters inflict unprecedented damage upon the planet. He resolved that mankind's influence must be removed in order to purify the Earth. Because of this, and possibly because of the mental power of the Devil Gundam, he came to the conclusion that humanity must be destroyed so that the Earth might return to its natural environment.
Master Asia first appears assisting Domon and Rain Mikamura in Shinkjuku from a pair of Death Army. He briefly appears veiled in a tanish grey cloak and face wrap which hides his identity, but after revealing his skills Domon quickly identifies him as Master Asia. He then exchanges with Domon their traditional litany:
|“|| The School of the Undefeated of the East!|
The Winds of the King!
Master Asia explains that he has been coordinating the defense of Shinjuku, but that it has been going badly. In a counterattack Domon launches Master Asia in his Kowloon Gundam's Chokyu Haoh Den'iedan super attack. This blasts him through most of the Death Army causing them to retreat. Domon, Rain and Master Asia return and plan further defense. Master Asia, however was working in secret with the Death Army, Rain discovers this and he captures her. He carefully hints to Domon about her disappearance, but Domon does not realize what happened. Eventually after following Master Asia, Domon discovers that he was the one responsible. Master Asia attempts to recruit Domon into the Death Army, but his persuasions fail. Master Asia sends Chibodee Crocket, George de Sand, Sai Saici and Argo Gulskii to fight Domon, as they have all been converted to his service by DG cells. Master Asia attacks in his Master Gundam and he and Domon battle. Master Asia's victory seems assured, however his efforts are thwarted by the Shuffle Alliance appearing and attacking him. While initially they are unsuccessful in defeating him, they opt to sacrifice themselves in a kamikaze attack in order to stop him and purify the DG cells from Chibodee and company, in doing so they pass on their Shuffle Crests to the four and they become the new Shuffle Alliance. Master Asia, showing some sadness at the loss of his former comrades, and fearing his loss summons the Devil Gundam to attack. The battle is fierce and Domon has nearly defeats it, but the image of his smiling brother's face appears in his mind and prevents Domon from finishing it. Master Asia then retreats along with the Devil Gundam and Kyoji Kasshu.
Master Asia appears again in his old training grounds, the Guyana Highlands as the Shuffle Alliance and Domon are training there. They clash with the Devil Gundam several times and upon realizing that he is the true master of the Devil Gundam, Domon denounces Master Asia, proclaiming that he is no longer his master. Once again Master Asia and the Devil Gundam battle Domon Kasshu and once again Domon would have been defeated were it not for the intervention of an outsider, in this case Schwarz Bruder. After Domon has been rescued Master Asia and the Devil Gundam travel to the designated country for the Gundam Fight's finals, Neo Hong Kong.
At Neo Hong Kong Master Asia appears dramatically as one of the final Gundam Fighters in the tournament's lineup. Chairman Wong Yun Fat, whom Master Asia is working with, declares that it is up to Domon and Master Asia to performing the opening to the Gundam Fight. In a tense moment the two share the litany once again, opening the Gundam Fight with the final lines "Look, the East is Burning Red!"
Despite his altered viewpoint, Master Asia continues to respect Domon, and while he and Wong scheme in order to defeat him, he is determined to do so in an honorable way. While Master Asia will not hesitate to throw tough odds against Domon, he does so only to test Domon's resolve and ability to win. When Domon is set up to fight Schwarz Bruder, Master Asia fears he is not ready and he summons Domon to a devastated area of Neo Hong Kong in order to further train him. By this time Wong and Master Asia had been having an increasing falling out as Master Asia more and more regarded Wong's tactics as unfair and dishonorable. Wong had thus decided that Master Asia had fulfilled his role in his plans and thus sent Gundam Heads to kill both of them as they fought. Master Asia saves Domon, however the two fall into an underground cavern and Master Asia's leg is injured. The two manage to escape from their predicament and Master Asia finally explains to Domon the reason for his actions. He tells Domon that the Gundam Fight is what is destroying the Earth. The blatant disregard for the land on which it takes place, the outright exemption of damage to cities, buildings and the environment from being in any way criminal, as long as it is due to the Gundam Fight. He cites the vast city ruins around them as an example of this. Master Asia then teaches Domon his ultimate technique, the Sekiha Tenkyoken.
Master Asia and Domon engage in a final battle on Lantau island, there he says that he wants Domon to be the core of the Devil Gundam explaining that he had used the finals in order to make him strong enough for this role. Domon cannot accept this, instead when Schwarz Bruder pulls Kyouji out of the Devil Gundam, Domon kills him, thus stopping the Devil Gundam. Master Asia says that this is unforgivable and he attacks and ultimately paralyzes the God Gundam with a new technique, the Juuni Ouhouhai. While Domon is paralyzed, Master Asia gives his full conclusion, that humanity is destroying the Earth and that the Devil Gundam will remove man's detrimental influence, then regenerate the planet. He then explains how the Ultimate Gundam evolved into the Devil Gundam. Domon senses Master Asia's sadness and reminds him that humanity is a part of nature and that to destroy it is to destroy nature's balance. The two clash, with their Sekiha Tenkyoken's, Domon's overwhelms Master Asia enough to knock him back and then Domon finishes the battle, defeating Master Asia by combining the Sekiha Tenkyoken with his own God Finger (Erupting Burning Finger).
After he is defeated Domon holds Master Asia in his arms. Master Asia reveals that he had a terminal illness (which also prevented him from being able to replace Kyoji as the Devil Gundam's life core unit) and opens his shirt revealing that he never once had any DG cells in his body and that everything he did was through his own will. He says that he learned what a terrible mistake he was going to make, and that mankind was indeed a necessary part of nature. Master Asia declares Domon the only true King of Hearts and then he asks Domon to recite the litany once again. "Look, the East is burning red!" They finish reciting it and as the sun rises Master Asia remarks on its beauty, then he dies.
Master makes one last appearance after his death during the battle with Grand Master Gundam. He appears encouraging Domon to fight on, alongside all of those whom Domon loved that have fallen, Kyoji, Schwarz, and his mother.
Master Asia owns a horse named Fuun Saiki (風雲再起 Fu'un Saiki?), who appears in the later arcs of the story. Like the other participants in the Gundam Fight, Fuun Saiki uses the Mobile Trace System to enter a mobile horse of the same name. The mobile horse is able to assume both a normal, horse-like form, and one that resembles a flying platform. After Master Asia's death, Fuun Saiki travels with Domon.
Fuun Saiki's name comes from the second half of the title of the Chinese movie The East Is Red (東方不敗 - 風雲再起, "Invincible East - The Revival"). 風雲再起 is a four-character Chinese idiom meaning "revival".
- Master Asia has appeared in a number of appearances in other Gundam works outside of the G Gundam Series. He has appeared consistently in the SD Gundam G Generation games, where he was once shown to be able to fight all five of the Gundams from Gundam Wing at once. He again encounters Heero Yuy in Dynasty Warriors Gundam where the youth's talent impresses him enough to take him under his wing, wanting to teach Heero his fighting style (though Heero remains skeptical). He also has his own story in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, where he appears as a protagonist, teaching pilots of the other Gundams the lessons of "The School of Master Asia" with his pupil Domon by his side, fighting Gundam and Mobile Suit pilots like Shinn Asuka, Seabook Arno, Elpeo Puru, Puru Two, and finally, Athrun Zala and Kira Yamato, on a final two-on-two match, which is followed by a match between Domon and Master Asia, if the player controlling Master Asia defeats both Kira and Athrun before Domon does. In Musha Generation, he appears as the leader of an evil clan. His character has also inspired interpretations of the Gundams he pilots. In SD Gundam, a living Master Gundam first appears in a Kowloon form as a seemingly loyal lord to a Devil Gundam-like deity. However, he subsequently reveals his true Master form and his plans to pervert the deity for his own schemes. In SD Gundam Force, he is reflected in two characters- Ashuramaru, who reflects Master Asia's deeper motives, and Bakuhamaru, who resembles Master Gundam and also uses the Undefeated of the East title.
- Master Asia frequently appears in the Super Robot Wars and SD Gundam G Generation series along with the rest of G Gundam's cast. One noteworthy twist on this formula was Super Robot Wars R, which is set after the events of the 13th Gundam Fight. The game's primary antagonist Duminuss revives Master Asia with DG Cells and uses him as the Core Unit of a reproduced Devil Gundam. Eventually, the team saves Master, and if the player re-creates the climax of Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo, the super-powerful Shin Getter Robo heals Master of his infection, restoring him to perfect health. Shortly afterwards, Rain constructs a copy of the Master Gundam, allowing Master to join the protagonists as a powerful ally. In SRW F, A and R, powerful combination attacks by Domon (in God Gundam) and Master Asia (in Master Gundam) can be performed, including the Kyuukyoku Tenkyoken which even rivals the five-unit combination attack "Shuffle Doumei Ken" in attack power.
- Another infamous twist happens in Shin Super Robot Wars, where Master Asia revealed that he is actually an alien from the Dagu Star System, and that he arrived at Earth in order to determine whether or not the life form of solar system is a threat. And that he treated the first human he came in contact with, Char Aznable, as a representative of humanity. Therefore, he was led to believe that humans were unstable, destructive beings, which is why he manipulated Dr. Raizo Kasshu into creating the Devil Gundam in an attempt to destroy mankind.
- Many side stories imply that the various "Finger" techniques most commonly associated with Domon are a part of the Tohoufuhai Style, and possibly invented by Master Asia in the first place. In the aforementioned Fight 7th, Yamato Gundam possesses the Shakunetsu Sunshine Finger. In its sole playable appearance in G Generation F, the Shuffle Heart's attack list includes the Heartful Finger. Similarly, G Generation Neo gives the Kowloon Gundam a Kowloon Finger attack.
- Master Asia's title is homeage to Dongfang Bubai, the transsexual leader of the Sun-Moon Sect in Jin Yong's wuxia fiction, The Smiling, Proud Wanderer.
- According to his official profile, Master Asia is adept at both poetry and cooking Sichuanese food.
|Future Century Characters|
|Devil Gundam Corps |
|Neo Japan |
|Neo France |
|Neo Sweden |
|Neo America |
|Neo Germany |
|Neo China |
|Neo Canada |
|Neo Russia |
24 February 10 +
Future Century +
Gundam Fighter +
193 cm (6.332 ft, 75.984 in) +
80 kg (176.37 lb) +
|Modification dateThis property is a special property in this wiki.||
3 November 2014 12:58:08 +
|Page has default formThis property is a special property in this wiki.|