Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War is an Action game, developed by Namco and published by Bandai, which was released in Japan in 2005.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War has a training mode, and 28 campaign levels with two difficulty settings: Normal and Hard.
Most of the gameplay involves the RX-78-2 Gundam in a specific battle zone. There are two variations of this primary part of gameplay- land stages and space stages.
On two occasions, the player must man the White Base's turrets. On another occasion, the gameplay shifts to a rails-style shooter.
If certain actions are performed on certain levels, special cutscenes called "Memorial Action" will play, emulating scenes from the TV Series and Movies.
Levels and Description
- ガンダム大地に立つ!!/Gundam Rising - Stop Zakus attacking Side 7.
- 敵の補給艦を叩け!/Vote to Attack - Prevent Char's Musai from receiving supplies from Gadem at Luna II.
- 大気圏突入/Reentry to Earth - Protect the White Base for four minutes before re-entry.
- ガルマ出撃す/Garma Strikes -Man the White Base's machine guns in order to hold off Garma's first wave of forces in the Grand Canyon.
- 翔べ!ガンダム/Fly! Gundam -Protect the White Base and plow a path through the second wave of Garma's forces.
- ガルマ散る/Garma's Fate -Protect the White Base while it lays concealed in a sports dome.
- セイラ出撃/Sayla's Agony -Stop Ramba Ral's forces from harassing the Gundam.
- アムロ脱走/Amuro Deserts -Destroy the Zeon mining base's defenses with the Guntank.
- 灼熱のアッザム·リーダー/Zeon's Secret Mine -Destroy the Zeon mining base's defenses with the Gundam.
- ランバ·ラル特攻!/Ramba Ral's Attack -Stop Ramba Ral's forces from harassing the White Base.
- 死闘!ホワイト·ベース/Hand-to-Hand Combat -Hold back Ramba Ral's forces in a close-quarters combat battle.
- 激闘は憎しみ深く/Sorrow and Hatred -Stop Crowley Hamon from ramming an explosive cargo into the White Base.
- マチルダ救出作戦/Matilda's Rescue -Rescue Matilda Ajan so that the White Base may receive supplies and the Core Booster.
- 迫撃!トリプル·ドム/Black Tri-Star -Stop the Black-Tri Stars from destroying the White Base.
- オデッサの激戦/The Battle of Odessa -Accompany the Big Tray during Operation Odessa.
- 復活のシャア/Char Returns - Hold back Zeon marine forces at Belfast.
- 大西洋,血に染めて/Across the Atlantic Ocean - Stop Flanagan Boone's attack on the White Base.
- ジャブローに散る! (I)/Tragedy in Jaburo (I) - Hold back the Zeon invasion force for four minutes and thirty seconds.
- ジャブローに散る! (II)/Tragedy in Jaburo (II) - Destroy all Zeon forces who has entered or is entering Jaburo.
- ザンジバル,追撃!/A Decoy in Space - Defeat the Bigro and Char's Zanzibar.
- 強行突破作戦/Breakthrough - Break through Dren's fleet.
- コンスコン強襲/Farewell in Side Six - Defeat the Conscon Fleet.
- テキサスの攻防/Duel in Texas - Defeat M'Quve and Char.
- ソロモン攻略戦/The Glory of Solomon - Destroy all enemy forces holed up inside of Solomon.
- 恐怖!機動ビグ·ザム/Big Zam's Last Stand - Defeat the Big Zam.
- 光る宇宙/Cosmic Glow - Defeat Lalah and Char.
- 宇宙要塞ア·バオア·クー/Space Fortress: A Baoa Qu - Destroy all forces in front of A Baoa Qu.
- 脱出/Escape - Defeat all remaining forces, including Char.
- Amuro Ray
- Bright Noa
- Mirai Yashima
- Sayla Mass
- Hayato Kobayashi
- Kai Shiden
- Fraw Bow
- Ryu Jose
- Sleggar Law
- Matilda Ajan
- General Revil
- Job John
- Omur Fang
- Oscar Dublin
- Marker Clan
- Tem Ray
- Woody Malden
Principality of Zeon
- Char Aznable
- Lalah Sune
- Kycilia Zabi
- Gihren Zabi
- Dozle Zabi
- Garma Zabi
- Ramba Ral
- Crowley Hamon
- Black Tri-Stars
- Flanagan Boone
- Anavel Gato (Hard Mode only)
- Shin Matsunaga (Normal Mode only)
- Dimitri (Hard Mode only)
- Johnny Ridden (Normal Mode only)
- Miharu Ratokie
- Cozun Graham
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- RX-77-2 Guncannon
- RX-75-4 Guntank
- RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam
- FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type
- RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3"
- RX-78-2 Gundam Real Type
- RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type
- RX-77-4 Guncannon II
- RGM-79 GM
- TGM-79 GM Trainer
- RGM-79L GM Light Armor
- RGC-80 GM Cannon
- RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom
- RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex"
- FF-X7-Bst Core Booster
- White Base
Principality of Zeon
- MS-05B Zaku I
- MS-06F Zaku II
- MS-06J Zaku II Ground Type
- MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type
- MS-06F Zaku Minelayer
- MS-06F2 Zaku II F2 Type
- MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type
- MS-07B Gouf
- MS-09B Dom
- MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen
- MS-09R Rick Dom
- MS-09R-2 Rick Dom II
- MSM-03 Gogg
- MSM-04 Acguy
- MSM-07 Z'Gok
- MSM-07S Z'Gok Commander Type
- MSM-10 Zock
- MS-11 Action Zaku
- MS-14A Gelgoog
- MS-14B Gelgoog High Mobility Type
- MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon
- MS-14S Gelgoog Commander Type
- YMS-15 Gyan
- MSN-02 Perfect Zeong (Hard Mode only)
- MSN-02 Zeong (Normal Mode only)
- MA-04X Zakrello (Hard Mode only)
- MA-05 Bigro
- MA-08 Big Zam
- MAM-07 Grublo
- MAN-08 Elmeth
- MAX-03 Adzam
Story Differences from TV Series and Movies
- Amuro and Char's first encounter occurs at Luna II.
- Garma attacks the White Base three times.
- During Ramba Ral's raid, Amuro is not in the Gundam by the time Sayla has returned to the White Base.
- Amuro rescues Matilda in the Gundam only and she is transporting the Core Booster, not the G-Modules.
- The Gundam has to protect the Big Tray during Operation Odessa.
- Amuro has to fight Zeon forces outside of Jaburo's doorstep.
- Only the Bigro attacks the Gundam; the Rick Doms attack the White Base along with Char's Zanzibar.
- The Gyan attacks from inside Texas only.
- Shin Matsunaga or Anavel Gato fights Amuro during the Battle of Solomon.
- Johnny Ridden or Anaval Gato fights Amuro during the Battle of A Baoa Qu.