Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory is a novel based on the OVA Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory written by Hiroshi Yamaguchi and illustrated by Toshihiro Kawamoto and published by Kadokawa Shoten in 1992.
Universal Century 0083: Zeon Intelligence has identified a prototype Gundam designed for nuclear attack under development by Anaheim Electronics. A former Zeon ace and a small band of Principality soldiers are dispatched to Earth to capture the Gundam as part of Operation Stardust. When the Zeon successfully make off with the prototype the Earth Federation assigns the mobile suit carrier Albion to locate and recover the missing unit. When the stolen Gundam fires at the space fortress Solomon (now occupied by the Federation Forces under the name of Konpei Island) the Federation Space Force suffers a catastrophic loss; as the Federation regroups, they learn that the Zeon have captured a space colony, Side 7, ostensibly with the objective of colliding it with the moon. When the colony's course is unexpectedly changed toward Earth, the true objective of Operation Stardust is revealed.
Earth Federation Forces
- Kou Uraki - 19-year-old test pilot who gets caught up in Operation Stardust.
- Chuck Keith - Kou's close friend and fellow test pilot.
- South Burning - A senior pilot at the Torrington Base and mentor of Uraki.
- Eiphar Synapse - Commander of the Albion, he is charged with recapturing the prototype Gundams.
- Alpha A. Bate - One of three veteran pilots assigned to the Albion after the assault on Torrington Base.
- Bernard Monsha - Another pilot assigned to the Albion after the assault on Torrington Base.
- Chap Adel - The third veteran pilot assigned to the Albion after the assault on Torrington Base.
- Mora Boscht - Chief of maintenance aboard the Albion.
- Akram Harida - The Albion's navigator.
- Ivan Paserov - The Albion's helmsman.
- Jacqueline Simone - A bridge officer on the Albion.
- Peter Scott - A bridge officer on the Albion.
- William Morris - The Albion's communications officer.
- John Kowen - the EFF General who initiates the Gundam Development Project.
- Alloys Mozley
- Dick Allen
- Raban Karcs
- Green Wyatt
- Hawkins Marnery
- Gene Coliny
- Jamitov Hymen
- Bask Om
- Nakohha Nakato
- Y. Bicock
- Anavel Gato - A famous pilot from the One Year War, he steals the GP02A as part of Operation Stardust.
- Aiguille Delaz - Commander of the Delaz Fleet and mastermind of Operation Stardust.
- Cima Garahau - Former commander of Zeon's Marine Amphibious Unit (M.A.U.). Recruited by Aiguille Delaz as integral part of Delaz Fleet and Operation Stardust
- Bily Glardle
- Karius Otto
- Deatroaf Kocsel
- Wolfgang Waal
- Neuen Bitter
- Haman Karn
- Horst Harness
- Yuri Hasler
- Nina Purpleton - A member of the Gundam Development Project and head engineer of GP01 and GP02A.
- Kurena Hacksell
- Lucette Audevie
- Nick Orville
- Poral Guilish
- Vol. 1 Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: ISBN 978-4-04-413101-5-C0193
- Vol. 2 Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: ISBN 978-4-04-413101-2
- Vol. 3 Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: ISBN 978-4-04-413103-6