Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Re:
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Re: (機動戦士ガンダムSEED Re:, Kidō Senshi Gandamu SEED Re:)
|Story & Script|
|Japanese||March 26, 2012 - ongoing|
|Number of Volumes||3+1|
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Re: (機動戦士ガンダムSEED Re:, Kidō Senshi Gandamu SEED Re:) is an on-going manga retelling of the TV series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED written and illustrated by Juu Ishiguchi, published Kadokawa Shoten and serialized in Gundam Ace magazine in 2012.
The story, set during the Bloody Valentine War, begins in the neutral space colony Heliopolis, where secret development of advanced mobile Suits for the Naturals' war effort is being conducted. The colony is attacked by ZAFT forces, the military of the Coordinators, with the objective of stealing the new units. During the incursion a teenager Coordinator named Kira Yamato, upon seeing his friends in danger, pilots the GAT-X105 Strike mobile suit to fend off the invaders but the colony is critically damaged in the ensuing fight. As Heliopolis disintegrates, the survivors board an Archangel class assault ship belonging to the Earth Alliance, the Natural's military, and begin their journey to the Alliance base in Alaska. During the journey to Earth, Kira pilots the Strike to counter a series of attacks by ZAFT but is seemingly killed by his childhood friend, ZAFT soldier Athrun Zala, during one of their battles in which the Strike is destroyed. Kira survives the Strike's destruction and is treated in one of the PLANT space colonies, home to the Coordinators. The Archangel arrives in Alaska but ZAFT launches a full scale attack on the base overpowering their enemies.
- Prologue: Cosmic Era
- Chapter 1: False Peace Part I
- Chapter 2: False Peace Part II
- Chapter 3: False Peace Part III
- Chapter 4: The Empty Battlefield Part I
- Chapter 5: The Empty Battlefield Part II
- Chapter 6: The Empty Battlefield Part III
- Chapter 7: The Empty Battlefield Part IV
- Chapter 8: The Empty Battlefield Part V
- Chapter 9: Crossroads Part I
- Chapter 10: Crossroads Part II
- Chapter 11: Crossroads Part III
- Chapter 12: Crossroads Part IV
- Chapter 13: Crossroads Part V
- Chapter 14: Crossroads Part VI
- Chapter 15: Burning Clouds of Sand Part I
- Chapter 16: Burning Clouds of Sand Part II
- Chapter 17: Burning Clouds of Sand Part III
- Chapter 18: Burning Clouds of Sand Part IV
- Chapter 19: Grieving Skies Part I
- Athrun Zala
- Dearka Elsman
- Martin DaCosta
- Ezalia Joule
- Rau Le Creuset
- Patrick Zala
- Lacus Clyne
- Andrew Waltfeld
- Miguel Aiman
- Murrue Ramius
- Sai Argyle
- Kuzzey Buskirk
- Tolle Koenig
- Miriallia Haw
- Flay Allster
- Natarle Badgiruel
- Kira Yamato
- Mu La Flaga
- Orga Sabnak
- Shani Andras
- Clotho Buer
- George Glenn
- Muruta Azrael
- Kojiro Murdoch
- Romero Pal
- Jackie Tonomura
- Arnold Neumann
- Cagalli Yula Athha
- Uzumi Nara Athha
- Mayura Labatt
- Erica Simmons
- Asagi Caldwell
- Juri Wu Nien
- Erica Simmons
- GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
- TS-MA2 Moebius
- TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero
- MAW-01 Mistral
Vehicles and Support Units
- Linear Artillery
- Linear Tank
- Marseille III-class
- Missile Truck
- Radar Truck
- Space Shuttle
- Transport Plane
- Transport Submarine
- VTOL Fighter
- VTOL Transport
- GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam
- GAT-X102 Duel Gundam
- GAT-X103 Buster Gundam
- GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam
- ZGMF-1017 GINN
- ZGMF-1017 GINN Miguel Aiman Custom
- ZGMF-1017 GINN Rau Le Creuset Custom
- ZGMF-1017M GINN High Maneuver Type
- ZGMF-LRR704B GINN Long Range Reconnaissance Type
- ZGMF-1017AS GINN Assault Type
- TMF/A-802 BuCUE
- TMF/A-803 LaGOWE
Vehicles and Support Units
Vehicles and Support Units
- Gatling Truck
- Half Truck
- Press VTOL
For whatever reason, minor errors have been made within this series in comparison to the anime. The following is a list of notable errors or slight differences:
- Page 58 onward, Miguel Aimas's GINN and its shield bear his skull and crossbones insignia, however, this is not Miguel's custom orange GINN was damaged in a previous battle beyond swift repair and in the anime his green loaner GINN.
- The Strike is sitting when Kira takes control from Lt. Ramius.
- Lt. Ramius does not pass out due to her wounds, nor is she tended to by Kira's friends (that scene is skipped altogether). Right after the battle with Miguel, Commander Le Creuset shows up; he does not get a report from Miguel after his GINN was self-destructed.
- During the verbal exchange between Dearka, Yzak and Nicol on the Gamow, regarding the colony's possible (and coming fate) in the pilot's locker room, Yzak is not sitting, he has just arrived in the locker room. The conversation is not about mounting D equipment for the GINNs on the next sortie because Le Creuset has only just returned to the Vesalius, instead, Dearka tells Yzak that he has heard that the Commander's DINN lost an arm and he also makes a remark (though it's later than in the anime) that he wonder's where Rusty is (Rusty is considered a friend to Dearka and Yzak, not Athrun). Nicol mentions that the two of them may be stuck on the OS.
- When Le Creuset returns, he orders only two GINNs (not three) to mount an attack with the Aegis at the colony as Athrun has just submitted the Aegis's data to him.
- Kira kills the unnamed pilot of one GINN with the Sword Striker's boomerang and then kills Miguel with the sword. The archangel is what destroy's the colony's interior wall in this battle, not just the damage from the mobile suit battle, however, Miguel's GINN no longer bears his insignia (so, this error was fixed).
- During the Archangel's excursion to the wreckage of Junius 7, Kira shoots down a Reconnaissance GINN that we later learn was looking for survivors of the Silverwind. In this manga adaptation, that GINN was not alone, it was in a 3-man unit under Nicol's command. After destroying the two Reconnaissance GINNs a battle occurs between the Blitz and the Strike where Nicol uses the Mirage Colloid system. It is also here that the Archangel targets the Blitz from its shooting telemetry while using the Mirage Colloid, instead of a separate battle during the anime version. Note: This change does not take away from the story.
- In the first battle against the BuCUEs, Kira used the GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike Gundam instead of the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam. In the Remaster, this particular unit is piloted by Mu La Flaga during the Alliance's attack at ORB.
- During the manga adaptation, Nicol Amalfi's personality is better developed showing that he's likely not a coward at all, simply intelligent and cautious.
- There is new add-on equipment for the Duel, Buster, Blitz and Aegis Gundam.
- The Duel Gundam's resembles the IWSP but built with parts from the AMF-101 DINN and has two swords similar to the Heavy Laser Sword from theYFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms.
- The Buster Gundam's is a METEOR-like underwater unit that resembles a UMF-4A GOOhN.
- The Blitz Gundam's equips the Blitz with a flight unit similar to the Duel, but it has additional sub-wings that are similar in design to the Energy Absorption Claws of the Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu, and can be deployed as a large claw unit like the Testament Gundam's Divine Striker.
- The Aegis Gundam's grants the Aegis atmospheric flight capabilities. The new look of the MA mode, longer rifle and elongated parts makes the Aegis resemble the MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai.
- Vol.1 ISBN 978-4-04-120416-0
- Vol.2 ISBN 978-4-04-120640-9
- Vol.3 ISBN 978-4-04-120843-4
- Vol.4/Door of Awakening Vol. 1 ISBN 978-4-04-121065-9